Tuesday, April 4, 2023

AHSC519 Hippest Hippo Birthday

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  When I saw the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge, I almost took off running for the hills, but I decided to challenge myself and just do it....it's a Step Card! Here's the sketch:


Lots of step cards involve cutting and scoring within the card base, but I found one that was a little easier! You can see it HERE, it's by Creative Juice by Loni. It involves only simple cutting, folding and adhering, then I went to work with the SAB Hippest Hippos from last year:


I may have gone a bit overboard with the embellishments, but it's for my pastor's daughter and I thought she would like the flowers and hippos! They were stamped and colored with Blends; the flowers were diecut with the retired Pierced Blooms dies.  Everything went on a Blushing Bride base with matching DSP, and the "grass" they're standing on is from the On the Farm dies.


The sentiments are from Hippest Hippos and the retiring Peaceful Moments:



And there's plenty of room for a sentiment on the inside:


Thanks for visiting today!  

We had Cassidy for the weekend, and it was actuallly nice enough to be outside for a wee little bit.  John and I picked up sticks from the recent winds we've had and Cassidy goofed off!



We had a bit of a funny experience on Saturday night; we went to a local restaurant and while we were there, a tornado warning came on our phones....as well as every phone in the entire restaurant!  It was quite a racket and we all shared a moment of "togetherness"!!  In a few minutes we did get lots of rain and wind but it subsided quickly.  Some areas got hail and a tornado did touch down in southern Delaware but blessedly missed us!  Phew!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Peaceful Moments, Hippest Hippos (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Blushing Bride, Highland Heather, Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Blushing Bride DSP, Pear Pizzazz DSP, Daffodil Delight DSP
 Ink Memento Black
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, On the Farm Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Bitty Banner Dies (ret), Hippo Dies (ret), Pierced Bloom Dies (ret)

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Saturday's weather was crazy! I heard about the tornado in DE. I can only image how noisy it was with everyone's cellphones getting that alert! Your card is just the sweetest, LeAnne! I'm sure the pastor's daughter is going to frame this beauty! I love the faux stair step cards....so much easier to make! Love the hippo's & flowers together, too! Miss Cassidy is getting so big! Tell her she has to stop growing! LOL

Kampin' Karen said...

I'll have to watch the video as I love easy step cards! TFS. Your card is really cute. Was Cassidy playing with a yoyo? I can't really see as my eyes are blurry from getting up early to do a pre-order ... lol! Be blessed, my friend.

Dena J said...

Adorable and perfectly embellished, LeAnne. Love how you've grounded the hippos with that textured green. And all the lovely pinks. Fantastic step card. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Atlantic Hearts this week.

Bonnie said...

This is adorable, LeAnne! Thanks for the link. Scary to get those tornado warnings. I'm glad it wasn't really headed for you.

Lisa Elton said...

I think you're going to have one very happy little girl on your hands, this is so stinkin' cute! I like the sassy hippo with her polka dot umbrella! That crazy weather came from us to you. So glad the tornado missed you too. They say we're in for it tomorrow too... holy smokes!

Claire Broadwater said...

YOU know I LOVE hippos and this card is the cutest ever!!!!!! SMILE!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Your delightful hippo images really made me smile! Thanks for sharing your fabulous card with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week.
:) Marie
AHSC DT

Brandi said...

Love this, those stitched flowers are adorable and the hippos are so precious. What a fun light hearted spring card, I love it! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca