Thursday, April 20, 2023

Moody Mauve Warm Hello

Happy Thursday, everyone!  I finally got some of my new goodies from the upcoming catalog, and thought I would share one of the projects I worked on yesterday, just a quick little card!  I used the sketch from FMS:


along with images from the new Circle Sayings, the Countryside Blossoms embossing folder and the new In Color Moody Mauve, plus the retiring Stitchery:


I embossed a Moody Mauve circle with the embossing folder, then stamped the florals and sentiment on a piece of Very Vanilla and punched it out with the new 2 3/8" circle punch, adding a scallop behind it:


I stamped a couple of images from the Stitchery set to create my "ribbon" and made my own little button using the smallest heart die from Give it a Whirl, punching two wee little holes and threading through some Linen Thread.  Everything went on a panel of Very Vanilla that was embossed with the Timeworn Type embossing folder.  I haven't used Very Vanilla nearly enough lately and I think it goes nicely with the mauve!

Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!




Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Stitchery, Circle Sayings
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Moody Mauve
 Ink  Moody Mauve
Accessories Linen Thread, Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Layering Circles Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, 2 3/8" Circle Punch, Timeworn Type EF, Countryside Blossoms EF, Give it A Whirl Dies, 1/16" Hole Punch

11 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Pretty card! I'm glad you finally got to play with your new stuff. I'm supposed to get mine tomorrow, which was a l o n g 17 days! I still don't have a hard copy of the catalog but my downline got hers. However, it came unwrapped and with a lot of pages missing! I can't wait to play with the new colors. Enjoy your new goodies.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is so pretty and it's great to see that colour in use - I like it way more than I thought I would! My preorder finally arrived yesterday so looking forward to having a play soon too.

Carol L said...

This is so pretty and a great showcase of that new color. I'm just loving that embossed background too.

I Card Everyone said...

That very vanilla brings even more warmth to your darling, warm Hello! Very pretty - that sketch has me scratching my head!
=]

Denise Willerton said...

Beautiful card LeAnne. I love the wee button and all the embossing on your card 💕. I can’t wait to cut into my new colors Have a blessed day. ((Hugs))

Tracy Grauer said...

Love Moody Mauve on your lovely card! Cute idea for the ribbon and button.

Lisa Elton said...

I agree, the Very Vanilla looks wonderful with the Moody Mauve! Pretty card!

Wendy said...

Oh, this is so pretty, LeAnne! Love the Mauve & Vanilla together and all the added embossing! Great job on the sketch, too!

Kim S said...

This is just perfect! I love how you found elements that worked perfectly for the sketch! And I might like the new mauve better than I expected from seeing the color charts - it's lovely with the vanilla. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cécile RIBON said...

What a delightful color scheme and lovely textures. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!👏