Sunday, April 16, 2023

PP636 Just a Note

Happy Sunday, everyone!  I am the hostess over at the Paper Players this week, and it's time for a clean-and-simple challenge!  This should be a fun one for everyone:


I pulled out a retired set called It Starts With Art and stamped the pens and pencil with some Stazon, then went to work:


I chose the inks of Bermuda Bay, Mango Melody and Polished Pink for the Inspire.Create challenge,

coloring each implement with ink and an aquapainter.  The sentiment is from Stamp Simply.  I added mats of Mango Melody and Polished Pink and the background panels were embossed with Ornate Floral and Typewriter embossing folders. I did add some sequins, which really match better in real life than they look here!


I also used the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches:


I hope you'll play along with us this week and stamp something clean and simple with our theme!  Be sure to hop over to the Paper Players blog to see what the design team came up with!  And be sure to share yours with us too!  You might get to be the Headliner!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps It Starts With Art (ret), Farmhouse Signage (Stamp Simply)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Mango Melody, Polished Pink
 Ink Stazon Black, Mango Melody, Polished Pink, Bermuda Bay, Versafine Black
Accessories Dimensionals, Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Layering Circles Dies, Arts & Crafts Dies (ret), Ornate Floral Embossing Folder (ret), Typewriter Embossing Folder (Tim Holtz), Aquapainter, Sahara Sand Marker, White Gel Pen

14 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Anything at all would be sweet on your darling pink and orangen scalloped circle, LeAnne, but your choice of writing implements couldn't be more perfect with that sentiment! So darling!
=]

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is so fun! I love the challenge theme! Your card is CAS perfection! Love all the white and the embossing! That turquoise pen would be my choice! LOL! Have a great week, My Friend!

Linda Callahan said...

So cute! Love the bright colors!

Suzanne said...

LeAnne, I love how you created the focal image and how you made the alphabet embossing to go with the pens! The colors work great here. So glad you combined the CAS challenge with the bold colors of the Inspire.Create.Challenge. Suzy

Melissa Craig said...

So much fun! I love the WOW embossed base with those pops of color pens/pencils. Really striking card. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Lisa Elton said...

This is fantastic, LeAnne! Love the embossed panels and that CUTE focal!

Tammy Fite said...

Love this card! Really like the embossed panels in the background--great idea!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Inspire.Create!

Bonnie said...

I love the different embossing patterns with these colorful art tools!

Debbie said...

Awesome!! Love your CAS version of the sketch! Dry embossing is my fave!!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie - TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love the fun criss-cross design of your pens LeAnne - all crafters like nice pens I think! The background embossed panels are a great way to add interest while still keeping a CAS feel.

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! How fun is this card, LeAnne! I love the colors you used...and the sequins are the perfect embellishments! This was such an awesome challenge...and it made me painfully aware of what images I am lacking in my stamp stash!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I loved this challenge! I love all the texture on your card, and I especially love how you created three different circles, stitched, scalloped and straight - it is such a great touch! I also really appreciate the wonderful bright colors and all that white space that allows you to really focus on the main elements.
hugs
jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

So fun LeAnne! I especially love the different textures in the background. It adds so much interest, yet keeps the layout so perfectly CAS. This was a fun challenge!

Fran Wing said...

WOW, LeAnne! I love everything about this card - the embossed panels, brightly-colored pens and pencil, and the clever layout. Well-done!
Xoxo, Fran