Thursday, April 13, 2023

FMS581 Just Wanted to Say

Happy Thursday, peeps!  A fun little thank you card is on deck today using the FMS sketch for this week:


Since Country Bouquet is carried over into the new catalog, I thought I would give it a whirl; it's not just for Valentine's, right?  I used Mint Macaron and Crushed Curry on a gingham background for a springy creation; I began by embossing the gingham with the Stitched With Whimsy die:


After stamping and fussy-cutting the heart out, I also stamped some of the sprigs from the same set and fussy-cut them out too.  I added a crushed seam binding ribbon, some sequins, and the sentiment:


On the inside, I added a strip of the same DSP as well as a sentiment from Nature's Prints:


And it's in the mail!  Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!  And I don't know how it is in your neck of the woods but it is HOT here in PA!  Very un-spring-like!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Country Bouquet, Nature's Prints
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Country Gingham DSP
 Ink Crushed Curry, Mint Macaron
Accessories Adhesive Sequins, Dimensionals, Crinkled Seam Binding
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched With Whimsy Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies

9 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Pretty card! It was only 70 here yesterday, can you believe it?!

Wendy said...

This is so pretty, LeAnne! I just love that Country Gingham paper and all those pretty springtime colors! Your floral heart and sprigs are a perfect addition to the paper! Love, love, love! Yesterday, it did get on the hot side! We took the bikes out and granted it was the first time this year...we had to make several stops for water! Today & tomorrow is to be even warmer! Too soon for this!

I Card Everyone said...

I love the combination of colors, LeAnne - it seems unlikely that we'd see a heart in an April Sketch, but there it is and yours sure fits the bill beautifully!
LOve the gingham but that comes as no surprises I imagine!
=]

Bonnie said...

This is so sweet with the gingham and flowers, LeAnne! A lovely way to say thanks. Our weather has been crazy too.

Linda Callahan said...

This is so sweet! I’m glad that set carried over!

Lorraine said...

I would have never thought to put those colors together - what a beautiful combination.

Tracy Grauer said...

What a nice color combination that made this card stand out. We have frost on the ground this morning, there was a skiff of snow on the ground yesterday morning and more snow in the foot hills. The daffodils are blooming, the birds are singing and the frogs croaking so I am sure spring is here in disguise! LOL!

Lisa Elton said...

Love these colors together! This is a charming card, LeAnne!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! What a lovely card! This sunny color palette would cheer anyone up. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.