Wednesday, April 5, 2023

LIM480 Big Hooray

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  I have a fun "retro" card today using a couple of older retired sets; it uses the sketch from Sunday Stamps as well as the color theme of black and aqua from Less is More:


         
Now I admit that these colors are a bit unusual for a western-themed card, but I had a scrap of Coastal Cabana DSP on my desk and I was determined to use it, LOL!  So here we go:


The western images are from a set called Out West; the sentiment is from Perfectly Wrapped.  I added a star from YeeHaw:


which is also where I got the sentiment on the inside, except for the "have a"....that's from Endless Birthday Wishes.  Endless Birthday Wishes is one of the very first photopolymer set that SU came out with...and I still have it!


I've been on a roll, making masculine cards, so this will go in my pile for one of my April birthdays!  Thanks for visiting today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Out West (ret), Perfectly Wrapped (ret), YeeHaw (ret), Endless Birthday Wishes (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Basic Black, Coastal Cabana DSP
 Ink Coastal Cabana, Versafine Black
Accessories Black & White Twine (Doodlebug)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched Shapes Dies (ret)

10 comments:

Wendy said...

Super cute, LeAnne! Love the color combo and those western images on the front! The inside saying is just the sweetest! I love the variety of cards you always make! Great way to use all those stamps in your collection!

Heather said...

Eee! I still have my Yee-Haw set, too, lol, what a great take on our sketch this is! Love this color scheme, too - I have to try it out! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

I Card Everyone said...

These colors work for the cowgirl in ME, LeAnne! Very fun!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Let's just imagine it's for a cowboy on the Texas coast! That works, right? This is terrific, LeAnne!

dj said...

Hooray!! This is a great masculine take on our sketch. Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! You rocked our tied up trio sketch in a cowboy kind of way!! Deb Horst, DT #SSC306

Tammy said...

Great card! and, yes, it's a perfect masculine card! Plus, being from Texas, the longhorn I love!! Thanks for joining us at LIM!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Yee-haw - what a fun CAS cowboy card LeAnne!

Kathyk said...

Lovely make and well done on your combination of challenges too - best of luck

Kathyk

Laurie Unger said...

What a fun masculine card. Thanks for playing over at LIM.

Stef Perry said...

Plaid + western iconic images makes of fabulous card, LeAnne! Love your take on the SSC sketch with the western images and the totally fabulous inside sentiment. Rootin' tootin' indeed! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!