Saturday, February 18, 2023

SC945 Get Well Card

Happy Saturday, peeps!  A quick post today as we are off to a wedding today!  At least the rain stopped and the sun is shining...but it's COLD!  Anyway, I wanted to make a get well card for a long-distance friend who recently had some surgery.  I saw a card using the Splitcoaststamper sketch for this week....I have not posted on SCS for YEARS....but I thought it would be fun to do!  So here's the sketch (sorry it's blurry!):


And I just realized that my sentiment is not in the right place!  Oh well!  Anyway, here we go:


I stamped poor Mr Turtle from the retired Back on Your Feet stamp set in Stazon black ink and watercolored him with various green inks, then added the "sigh" and glitter dots.  To give some coordination to the Dandy Designs DSP, I also added a mat of Fresh Freesia:


And here's the inside; can you tell what kind of surgery she had??


Thanks for popping in today!

Jameson and Sawyer got a new dog recently; Ranger is a German Shorthair pointer, and I don't think I've ever seen a dog with this coloring:



But those boys sure love him:


Enjoy your day and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Back on Your Feet (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Granny Apple Green, Fresh Freesia, Dandy Designs DSP
 Ink Stazon Black, Old Olive, Granny Apple Green, Soft Seafoam, Fresh Freesia
Accessories Glitter Enamel Dots
Tools     Aquapainter

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Super cute card, LeAnne! Love the design and that sweet turtle! Your friend is going to love this! Oh my, Ranger is SO cute and his markings sure are different! I love the last picture of the 2 boys laying with the dog! Precious! Enjoy your wedding today and stay warm!

I Card Everyone said...

You just caused a memory of a fun cartoon that I loved as a kid, LeAnne!
Turtle-y awesome get-well card especially with your customized sentiment!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

LeAnne, this is one of my favorite stamp sets and I'll never part with it. The recipient will love it. I can't believe Ranger has a solid black head. My brother had a hunting dog like this and it was so lovable. The boys will have a good life with him. Enjoy the wedding.

Tracy Grauer said...

Your watercoloring is beautiful! Such a nice card. Ranger is beautiful! He and those boys are going to have sooo much fun together!

Lisa Elton said...

Darling card, LeAnne! Our neighbor has a dog very similar to this handsome fella, never knew what kind it was!

Bonnie said...

What a great image for a feel better card! Looks like this dog is getting lots of love!