Friday, February 17, 2023

JB Snow Much Fun

Happy wet, rainy, damp, dreary Friday, everyone!  Hubby keeps saying, "It could be SNOW" but personally, I wish for some snow--we've have none this winter!  Anyway, to channel my wish for snow, I made a snowy Christmas card for the Jingle Belles challenge this week, which is embossing!  I actually made this card a wee bit ago but never posted it for the intended challenge, so I was happy to use it for the JB girls!  So here we go:


While looking at the gallery of the Christmas cards I've created so far this year, they've all been BLUE!  So I think I'd better give some of my other colors a go soon, LOL!  Anyway, I embossed a piece of Basic White cardstock with a Darice embossing folder and used some Balmy Blue ink and a Blending Brush to give it some color.  I then diecut some Marina Mist glimmer paper snowflakes and adhered them on top of the blending:


I added a mat of Marina Mist cardstock as well as a little sentiment from the retired Snow Much Fun, and it was done!  Easy peasy!


Thanks so much for visiting today!  

Yesterday was Dana's actual birthday so I gave her forty gifts (wee little things) all wrapped up in a big box!  I had to put two of them on top as I couldn't fit everything inside!



Almost to the bottom of the box!


Soda-flavored lip gloss!  Yum!


Then we took her out for lunch!  It's become a tradition, and a fun one I really enjoy!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.  Isaiah 64:4

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Snow Much Fun (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Marina Mist (ret), Marina Mist Glimmer (ret)
 Ink Balmy Blue
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Snowflake Swirl EF (Darice), Snowflake Die (Taylored Expressions) Blending Brush

11 comments:

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

LOVE this idea for milestone birthdays, LeAnne! Happy 40th to Dana!!

Beautiful card, too. I've never blended ink over an embossed panel. I'll have to try that. It looks great!

I Card Everyone said...

I'd be happy to send you the few inches we got late yesterday, LeAnne - yours are much easier to love!
What a fun idea for a special birthday!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

I love your card. The shimmering snowflakes are perfect with the embossing. Happy day after labor day...lol!

Bonnie said...

Such pretty snowflakes, embossed and sparkly!

Lisa Elton said...

I woke up to snow this morning, LeAnne maybe some will float your way! Your paper version is lovely and suits me just fine! Cute idea for Dana's gift ;)

Denise Willerton said...

such a great wintery card LeAnne ~ and Dana's birthday gifts ... brilliant !!!

Wendy said...

Love your snowflake card but I really am one of those people that love a good snow at or around Christmas then i'm over it! I guess when I was younger I shoveled too much snow and i'm sure that attributed to alot of my back issues. LOL Love the idea of all those little gifts for a birthday present! That would be so much fun to unwrap! Happy belated birthday, Dana!

Tracy Grauer said...

I love the blue paired with the snowflakes! Happy Birthday to Dana! What a great gift idea!

/p said...

What a great idea. Small gifts for each year!

SmilynStef said...

Snow much fun indeed ... love those fun birthday gifts too ... so very glad you got *embossable* with us at Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

Oh wow such a brilliant and beautiful combination of the perfect products to make your fabulous white-on-white design... with a beautiful POP of blue So pleased you could Emboss Like a Boss with us at Jingle Belles! ♥♥♥

ps: Happy B to the Gal!!!
pss: I'm with your hubs on the subject of RAIN in WINTER... I looooooooooooove it! (well I do compared to the alternative which... I'm sorry but I DO NOT MISS lol!!!) ;)