Monday, February 20, 2023

52 CCT23-7 Deer Merry Christmas

Happy Monday, peeps!  I hope you had a good weekend!  I have a Chistmas card to share today; I used up a lot of my stash last December, so I need to build it up again!  The 52 Christmas Card Throwdown challenge this week is "masculine":


I wanted to use a deer on my card, so I pulled out the Christmas Silhouettes die and stamp set from Sweet and Sassy and went to work:


I mounted my deer on a twig wreath from Cottage Wreaths, along with some greenery and a Real Red bow.  In hindsight I think I should have left off the greenery, but I had already glued it on, so I let it ride!  I used the Wintery embossing folder on the white panel and matted it with Evening Evergreen.  The background paper is some retired Warmth & Cheer DSP. Finally, a few red enamel "berries" finished off the wreath:


I stamped a sentiment from the same set, adding a few holly sprigs, and diecut it with an Ornate Frames die:


And here's the inside:


Thanks for visiting today!

A few more pix of Ranger and company!



Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Cottage Wreaths, Christmas Silhouettes (Sweet & Sassy)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Evening Evergreen, Crumb Cake, Warmth & Cheer DSP (ret)
 Ink Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Real Red
Accessories Enamel Dots (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Country Wreaths Dies, Wintery Embossing Folder, Christmas Silhouettes Dies (Sweet & Sassy), Ornate Frames Dies (ret)

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Such a pretty card, LeAnne! Love that DSP and looks amazing with your deer! I also love the wreath under him and the embossed panel! Great card and what a way to rebuild your stash! Have a super day and a great week ahead! Oh and Ranger is the cutest! I love his markings!

Kampin' Karen said...

I adore your card. That package was not one of my favorite DSP's but I really like the way you used it here. Doesn't Ranger know he's supposed to be the one in the dog bed? LOL! and the staring contest between the black angus is precious. Have a blessed President's Day.

Tracy Grauer said...

You and your Christmas cards throughout the year amaze me! This is very nice. Okay, the little guy in Ranger's bed and Ranger beside him is the best! LOL!

I Card Everyone said...

It looks like you hand-knitted your card base, LeAnne! Such a great way to jumpstart your masculine design with this handsome scripty buck!
I hope you catch Ranger 'on point' some day - it's quite a sight to see!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

This is wonderful mix of patterns and texture! Pretty card, LeAnne!

Kim S said...

Actually I like the greenery! The first thing I noticed was the dimension of that wreath with the twigs and the greens! It's all gorgeous - so many wonderful details!

Valentina B said...

Very classic Christmas card! Love the colours that you pick and the greenery looks perfect to finish your maculine Christmas card. Ooh and the background paper is gorgeous and I love your idea of Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at 52CCT.