Sunday, February 12, 2023

PP627 Retro Typewriters

Hi stampers!  Ann is our hostess at the Paper Players this week and she has a wonderful color challenge for us! Check out these pretty pastels:


I saw a cute card with a typewriter on it a few days ago, and when I saw these colors, I knew I wanted to get out the typewriter die I'd gotten a few years ago and put it to use:


The FMS sketch worked great for my little typewriters:

I cut out two typewriters from So Saffron and Petal Pink cardstock and backed them with some scraps of Basic Black and Gold Foil, then added little notes I created with Basic White cardstock on which I drew lines with a Balmy Blue marker and punched a wee little hole:


I used a black magic marker to ink in a couple of sentiments from Conversation Bubbles on my "notebook paper", then mounted everything on a piece of Crumb Cake that was stamped with a sentiment from Country Bouquet and embossed with a Typewriter embossing folder.  On the inside, I added this sentiment, also from Country Bouquet; I also stamped a few hearts and a flower from Lovely You:


One of my college roommates also sends me a Valentine card, so I am going to send this to her!  We've been friends for over 50 years!  She would also be familiar with my little blue typewriter I had in college...and I still have it!



I hope you'll find some inspiration from our colors this week!  They're perfect for spring, for a baby card, or something floral!  Be sure to check out what the design Team at the Players created as well!  Hope to see you in the gallery!  

Thanks for popping in today---enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Country Bouquet, Lovely You, Conversation Bubbles
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, So Saffron, Petal Pink, Basic Black, Gold Foil, Crumb Cake, Balmy Blue, Country Gingham DSP
 Ink Memento Black, Petal Pink, Balmy Blue, So Saffron
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, 1/16" Punch, Typewrite Die (Floral & Fauna), Triple Heart Punch (ret), Typewriter Embossing Folder (Tim Holtz)

12 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

How cute is this?! I love those little typewriters - and your own!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I agree with Michele, too cute! I wish I still had my typewriter!

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable! I miss the clacking of a typewriter! Yep I’m old!

Suzanne said...

LeAnne, Those typewriters are just adorable and the little love notes add so much fun. You made such a great card!

Karren said...

Those wee typewriters look adorable! What a great job combining the colours with the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Ann Schach said...

This little typewriter die is the cutest thing ever, LeAnne! Your card definitely has a sweet retro vibe. I remember typing out more than one term paper for college on a manual and boy did I think I had really hit the lottery when I was able to buy an electric. Those were the days! Have a wonderful week!

Tarabeth Stamps said...

Super cute card! I love the little typewriters!!! Adorable

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

These cute typewriters are just fab, especially with the embossed background. Love your actual typewriter too! I still have dreams of owning a pale pink typewriter - just for fun!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, friendships over 50 years are so precious I bet your friend loved this card. I know I do. I love your old typewriter, too! The texture from the embossing folder behind your little typewriters adds wonderful texture without taking away from the focal elements. Fabulous use of the colors
hugs
jaydee

Fran Wing said...

Great card, LeAnne! I don't know why I don't have any typewriter dies, but I think I need to get one before we all forget what typewriters looked like! I learned to type on my mother's old black Smith Corona. Anyway, your card (with the clever typewritten embossed panel) is perfect for Ann's colors. Xoxo, Fran

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is just perfect! I love an old typewriter and the embossed panel makes them pop! Such a great way to make these colors shine! Have a great weekend, My Friend!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a wonderful mix of the colors, images and textures! You hit it out of the park with this challenge! :)