Sunday, February 26, 2023

PP629 Happy Easter Bunny

Hi there, stamping friends!  Jaydee is our hostess at the Paper Players this week and she has a nice easy sketch for us:

 

As I was going through my many, many dies last week, I came across this little Tim Holtz bunny that seemed to say "Pick me, pick me!"  So I did and this is what I came up with:


I started with a Calypso Coral 4 1/4" square card and added a sweet little floral piece from Dandy Designs DSP.  I diecut all the bunny pieces and adhered them, then assembled the carrot and tucked it under his arms.  A little sentiment from Our Daily Bread Designs was stamped on his tummy, then he was mounted on a Basic White circle with a Pale Papaya scalloped mat  Since the greenery of the carrot seemed a bit out of place, I added a wee banner of some retired gingham ribbon to complement it:


Originally, I had planned to mount my little bunny on this polka-dotted piece, but it was too busy, so I stuck it on the inside and added a Memory Box sentiment:


So cute, and a good start to my Easter cards!  I hope this sketch prompts you to play along with us at the Players---it has endless possibilities!  Check out what the other designers created and share yours with at the Paper Players blog!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Dot Dot Dot (ret), Tiny Tag Sentiments (Our Daily Bread Designs), Whittle Sayings (Memory Box)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Pale Papaya, Granny Apple Green, Garden Green, Rococo Rose, Dandy Designs DSP
 Ink Pumpkin Pie, Pale Papaya
Accessories Green Gingham Ribbon (ret)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched Shapes Dies, Layering Circles Dies, Layering Squares Dies (ret), Carrot Bunny Dies (Tim Holtz)

13 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I would have caved to his plea, too, LeAnne! SO cute as is every single piece and part you've added to make your darling Easter card!
=]

Sherri Thacker said...

One of my all time favorite easter bunnies!!

Lisa Elton said...

Glad you picked this little dude, he's cute! Love every little thing about this card, LeAnne!

Kim S said...

SO cute!! I love all of the cheerful little flowers in the background and the pops of green!

Tarabeth Stamps said...

Too cute! I love the bunny die cut! Thanks for Sharring!

Linda Callahan said...

Totally fun card! Adorable bunny!~

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this bunny is the cutest with his big carrot! The background paper is just perfect, too! Such a fun card! Have a great week, My Friend!

Suzanne said...

LeAnne That little bunny is just the best. So much personality. I love your choice of paper and colors. Suzy

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This bunny and carrot die combo is awesome - and those bold florals of the paper behind compliment perfectly. I love it!

Fran Wing said...

Hello, LeAnne! I'm obviously going to have to invest in some Easter dies and stamps and this little bunny is the first place I'll go! What a cute card, and the addition of the green ribbon to balance is a great idea!
Xoxo, Fran

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, your carrot-carrying bunny is just too darned cute! I love the greens on either side of your focal image and I also love those bold florals. This card just made me smile! Thanks for rocking my challenge this week
Jaydee

Ann Schach said...

Oh, LeAnne! This bunny die is SO adorable. With the expression on his face, and those ears, you can't help but smile. Yep...I would have picked him, too! This is one totally adorable card!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Well, if this isn't the most stinking cute Easter card! That little bunny with his giant carrot just makes me smile. His pink cheeks just complete his adorable vibe. Love this!