Wednesday, February 22, 2023

AHSC513 Hello Baby

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  Well, this February we've celebrated a big birthday, a big wedding, and this weekend a big baby shower!  I guess I should be glad we haven't had any snow to mess up the plans!  John's nephew and wife will be having a GIRL!!!  Finally!  So I couldn't wait to make a little baby girl card for her shower; I used the sketch from Atlantic Hearts:


I didn't use quite as many horizontal panels on my card, but I pulled out some pretty pastels from this year's DSP collection and here's what I came up with:


After cutting my DSP into 1" strips and mounting on a Basic White card, I stamped the baby shoes in Smoky Slate ink and added just a wee bit of shading, then fussy- cut them out.  I cut out a filigree heart from the retired Be Mine Stitched Hearts dies and popped the little shoes on top:



Teeny Tiny Wishes came to the rescue once again for a wee little sentiment, punched out with the retired Word Windoe punch:


And I stamped a sentiment from Technique Tuesday's Beauty of Spring on the inside, with another couple of diecut hearts:
She's due in late March, can't wait to see her!  Thanks for popping in today--enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Teeny Tiny Wishes (ret), Beauty of Spring (Technique Tuesday), Baby Shoes (Susan Branch)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Petal Pink, DSPs in Balmy Blue, Blushing Bride, So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz and Petal Pink
 Ink Blushing Bride
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Be Mine Stitched Heart Dies (ret), Word Window Punch (ret), Light Gray Copic

13 comments:

Wendy said...

How adorable, LeAnne!!! Love the colors and those cute little baby shoes! So exciting to have a new baby soon! Congratulations to John's nephew & family!

Denise Willerton said...

Such a sweet baby card LeAnne 😊. Have a wonderful day 💕

Kim S said...

Such a busy month you've had!! I love this baby card. Those pretty pastel stripes are so sweet behind the heart and bitty shoes. I definitely still have Teeny Tiny Wishes and punch - they routinely come in handy, don't they?!

I Card Everyone said...

That's a LOT of joy to start your year, LeAnne! I'm so happy for you!
That little pair of baby shoes brings me back a few years - and polishing them! What a darling image, so beautifully fussy-cut!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

I like this layout you used and what a sweet card! Those baby shoes! Love! I'm sure everyone is excited to meet this baby girl! Our newest little granddaughter made her entrance to the world on Monday!!!

Dena J said...

Can just feel the joy looking at your sweet card! That delicate heart holding the shoes is just perfect. Thank you so much for sharing your special card at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Kampin' Karen said...

Does this mean Sawyer and Jameson will be having a sister? Love the baby shoes and your card!

Lisa Elton said...

Sounds like February has been a month filled with happiness and celebrations! Congrats to the parents to be! The card you made to welcome their baby girl is darling!

Alyson Mayo said...

This is adorable - love the same patterned but different colours for the strips. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

Michelle said...

This is such a sweet baby card! I love your colors and papers for the background. The heart and booties are precious. Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts.

Brandi said...

Those booties are so so so sweet and the soft pastels are perfect, adorable card! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Golden Goddess Designs said...

this is just so pretty LeAnn. I love the image and the paper is perfect. Thank you for joining us as always at Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge last week. Good luck!

Alicia

Linda Callahan said...

Love those baby shoes! Total sweetness!