Friday, February 24, 2023

FMS574 Inspired by Lemons

Happy Friday, peeps!  Hope you're all safe and sound....there is some wild weather going on out there!  Our temps in Pennsylvania were crazy---70 degrees in February!  I always feel like we're going to be paying for it one way or another!  Anyway, I got a wee bit of stamping time in my craft room yesterday and made a card for Laurel's Inspired By Challenge  (SO CUTE) and the FMS sketch from Jen:

 


So here we go:


I stamped the lemon in Smoky Slate and colored it in with some Blends, then mounted it on a piece of Soft Sky stamped with a polka dot stamp:


I added a strip of Basic Black, diecut with a die from the retired Mini Treat Bag dies.  The yellow paper panel has little hearts on it; under that I stamped "sweet" from Paper Smooches' Blessed stamp set:



To continue with the dotty theme, I also cut out some dots from my Soft Sky scrap and adhered them next to the sentiment.  I left the inside blank so I can use it for whatever occasion might arise!  Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps A Happy Thing (ret), Dot Dot Dot (ret), Blessed (Paper Smooches)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Basic Black, Soft Sky (ret), The Bee's Knees DSP (Honey Bee)
 Ink Versafine Black
Accessories
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Mini Treat Bag Dies (ret)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

A great take on the inspiration. Lovely card. Thanks for playing along. ~Laurel

Bonnie said...

Love the bit of black with all this yellow, LeAnne! It was 86 here yesterday and things are blooming like it's April! It makes me nervous too. I'm afraid we'll have a mess later on. Guess we need to enjoy it while we can.

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, I do miss Laurel's inspiring photos! You haven't skipped a beat, LeAnne! So sweet with just the right amount of pucker!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

We had that beautiful weather then woke to a little snow the next morning, good grief! I like all of the polka dot elements with this cute lemon. Terrific card!

Jen Brum said...

What a sweet card! I love the black and yellow combination! Love that lemon as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

~amy~ said...

Love how you combined challenges LeAnne! Such a great design.

Linda Callahan said...

Love how you used the colors here! Very pretty!

Amy O said...

What a fresh and pretty card! I love the color combo and the fun strips!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is fab - so fresh! I so wanted to play both of these challenges but I am time-pressed this week!