Tuesday, February 14, 2023

AHSC512 Football Thanks

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  Happy Valentine's Day too! I took a little break from stamping this weekend (more about that later) and finally got back into my stamp room yesterday!  We were invited to a Super Bowl party on Sunday and I wanted to send our hosts a thank you card, so I used the Atlantic Hearts Sketch for this week:


This card is a little unusual...no flowers, but lots of footballs and Philadelphia Eagles colors:


I embossed a panel of Tranquil Tide with a polka dot embossing folder and tore the edge, then adhered it to a Basic White card base on which I embossed some stars!  I stamped and fussy-cut some footballs and arranged them behind a Cinnamon Cider panel and added a green glimmer paper star!


I added a sentiment from Country Bouquet, and a big thanks from Biggest Wish on the inside, along with some other embellishments!


Even though the Eagles lost, it was still a fun party!

SO.....Dana has a big birthday coming up on Thursday, and a few weeks ago, Wayne told me he wanted to surprise her with a big party!  He took care of the getting the venue, the food and a list of all the guests; I sent out invites, got the cake and made cupcakes.  He arranged for her friend to get her to the venue, and IT WORKED!  She was totally surprised and Wayne, Cassidy and I breathed a big sigh of relief!  I talk to her every day on her way home from work, and it was so hard to not spill the beans, especially since my sister and BIL flew in from South Carolina to surprise her as well!  I didn't take any pictures myself because I wanted to enjoy all the moments, so I didn't get a photo of her coming through the door, but it was priceless!  She took a moment after all the excitement to get a picture with her momma, wearing the tiara and sash that Wayne got for her:


Here she is with her girlie cousins (one guest saw Paige and Kelly, the girls on the left, as they were getting out of their car and said to her husband, "This has to be the right place...those blonds are either sisters or cousins!"); sadly, we were missing one from Chicago who couldn't make it (by the way,  Allyson, on the right, is Sawyer and Jamison's mommy!):


The venue was spectacular: Britain Hill Vineyard, out in the rolling hills of southern Lancaster county features a large barn set on top of a hill with spectacular views!  And it's only a few minutes away from their home!  This is the calm before the storm:


I know Dana likes rose gold, so her friend provided these gorgeous balloons!


I'll share more later!  Thanks for visiting today--enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Country Bouquet, Biggest Wish, Have a Ball (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Cinnamon Cider (ret), Tranquil Tide (ret), Green Glimmer Paper (ret)
 Ink Cinnamon Cider (ret), Tranquil Tide (ret)
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Polka Dot Embossing Folder (ret), Stars Embossing Folder (ret), Star Die (Paper Rose), Star Die (SU, ret), Stitching Lines Dies (Ellen Hutson)

12 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

What a fantastic card! I love it and the pics of the beautiful Dana's birthday bash. Sorry the Eagles lost but it was an exciting game. You are blessed and you are a blessing. Happy Valentine's Day. I didn't get my cards out this year as I had a house full of company for 10 days!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow now that’s a party! Looks fabulous…..and so do you and Dana! So glad
She was surprised! Ohhh….cute card too…perfect for this past weekend!

I Card Everyone said...

Wonderful card, LeAnne! I don't do football but hope your Eagles get another chance really soon!
What a party! Happiest birthday to Dana!
Happy Valentine's Day to you, my friend!
=]

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Happy Birthday, Dana! What a great guy Wayne is to plan all this!! The picture of you and Dana is fabulous ...frame-worthy!! Britain Hill is so nice. We've been there for several events.

Tracy Grauer said...

This is a great football thanks card! But that birthday party...Wow! What a fabulous celebration! Happy Birthday to Dana!

Dena J said...

Marvelous LeAnne! It was an excellent game and I'm sure your hosts will love your unique football card. Thank you for sharing your card and birthday story at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Karen in Florida said...

What a special occasion!! The venue & decorations are perfect & I'm sure everyone had a spectacular time. Happy 40th to Dana!

Lisa Elton said...

What a great Eagles card! It was a good game, I was rooting for them although I wish it had been the Browns! HAPPY BIRTHDAY wishes to Dana, looks like a wonderful party!

Bonnie said...

What a great masculine card, LeAnne! Happy big birthday to Dana!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Great take on the sketch (the torn edge scared me lol!) and I love your CAS masculine card. Great birthday bash photos too!

Brandi said...

I love the football themed card! The colours are great. ! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Love your football themed card! What fun! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week--please join us again soon!
:) Marie
AHSC DT