Tuesday, August 28, 2018

RRCB94 Consider Yourself Vintage

Hi peeps!  It's Tuesday and that means Retro Rubber time!  We've got an easy one for you this week:

Image may contain: text

Yep, it's an Anything Goes challenge...you just need to use stamps at least a year old (and tell us how old they are!)!!!  For today's card I used an Artistic Outpost stamp set called Route 66 and a Unity set called Consider Yourself Vintage...these both happen to be from 2012!  I stamped some of the images on the DSP in Granite Gray ink, collage-style, then stamped some more on my main panel.  I matted the main panel with an Early Espresso mat, which I distressed with an acrylic ruler:


I stamped the sentiment on a little banner/tag and overstamped it with a checkerboard image (My Favorite Things Distressed Background Blocks, probably from around the same time):


and just for fun, I added a couple of pieces of the new Chicken Wire Elements from the upcoming Mini Catalog!  They look like metal, but they're paper and they cut very easily!  I added a metallic brad in one corner as well!


I am always short of masculine birthday cards, so this will bulk up my stash...I certainly have enough "vintage" friends that would appreciate my sense of humor!  

What will you come up with...the possibilities are limitless!  Share your creation at the Retro Rubber blog, we can't wait to see it!

You never know what you'll find at Walmart!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

12 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a FUN card! Of course I love the polka dots in the background, that's a given. But all of those subtle vintage images look just perfect. This is FABulous LeAnne! Ahhh, yes...Walmart is full of surprises...a fox with a belly button, who knew!!

Kampin' Karen said...

Great card, funny girl!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous Card! Love how you do Vintage Cards! I my have to CASE this one! So...after seeing Cassidy with her Fox head...I can't get that song out of my head! "What does the fox say?..." Your turn to hear it! LOL!

stampwithsandy said...

GREAT masculine card! Love it!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh I definitely consider myself vintage! You know I love this with all the s/s/s!

I Card Everyone said...

We stayed in one of those retro/vintage motels on the actual Route 66, last year, LeAnne! This card is so fun, and brought me right back there!
=]

Debbie Mageed said...

What a fun masculine card! I love your technique of stamping directly on the DSP. I'm definitely going to have to do that soon. Love your choice of colors, too. Gray Granite in my new favorite go-to neutral. Love this card, LeAnne! Have a great rest of your week.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Totally vintage here too, love the soft colors and all the details, that image of the car is awesome, love that you stamped it with Granite Gray, which is a really awesome shade of gray. Love the die cut peeking on the corner, beautiful DSP also.
Fab card LeAnne.
XO

craftysahmiam said...

Terrific card; I need to look up that stamp set, thanks for sharing the name/company.

Jan Clothier said...

Oh LeAnne, I just don't know how you keep on being so utterly magnificent! Another stunning card. Love that vintage style you've got going here and the new chicken wire fits in perfectly.

creative lady said...

LeAnne, great masculine card, love all the details!

Claire Grantham said...

LeAnne, I love this grungy card, all the elements are perfect and I love the vintage feel you got from using grey ink. Claire x