Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Bold Butterfly

Happy Tuesday, everyone!  I am squeaking in a quick clean-and-simple card for two challenges, the Cards in Envy yellow and black challenge, and the CAS on Sunday butterfly challenge!  I rarely use yellow, so I thought I would force myself to use the new In Color, Pineapple Punch.  I stamped the butterfly from Beautiful Day on some In Color DSP and embossed it with black embossing powder:


I added a little coloring with a Daffodil Delight blend, fussy-cut it out and mounted it on a plain white card that I embellished with a piece from the Delightfully Detailed Laser-cut DSP.  To create some movement, I stamped the flowers from Wishing You Well: 


and added a sentiment from the same set at the bottom:



It's always nice to have a little note card on hand!  Thanks for popping in today!

For her birthday, Cassidy got a bubble kit to make giant bubbles, which is funny, because we had just been trying to do this on our own with a recipe from Pinterest.  We came pretty close, but these were much better:



Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Beautiful Day, Wishing You Well (available 9/5/18)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, 2018-2019 In Color DSP, Delightfully Detailed Laser-cut Specialty DSP
 Ink Basic Black, Versamark, Pineapple Punch
Accessories
Tools     Heat Tool, Black Embossing Powder, SU Blends, Stamparatus

7 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Every time we go to Disney, I want a bubble machine but really, I am a little to old for that in age, but not in spirit! Your card is so pretty and I love that shade of yellow. So glad the kids enjoy each other's company.

Sherri Thacker said...

What a beauty of a butterfly!! I love this! Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy.

Ruth Ann V. said...

Good Morning LeAnne,
I like Butterflies and this one has a happy "feeling" with it!
The yellows are perfect and the embossing really makes it stand out.
The little flowers add to the "POP", thanks for brightening my morning.
Love the bubbles. Ruth Ann

I Card Everyone said...

You must know I adore your pretty butterfly, LeAnne! What you don't know is that, when I was a little girl, your card would represent my favorite color, and dress! Eyelet lace? could not be beat!
Nor could those giant bubbles!
=]

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the pretty butterfly and the great background. Cassidy looks like she is having fun with those big bubbles.

Lisa Elton said...

This is just a sweet as sweet can be with the pretty eyelet border and the polka dot butterfly! It's sunny and warm. What cool bubbles, looks like they're having fun!

Andrea W said...

Darling card! I love the polka dot butterfly and stamped background flowers.