Sunday, August 26, 2018

PP407 Just a Note

Happy Sunday, peeps!  Jaydee is our Paper Players hostess today with a fabulous sketch!  I just LOVE this sketch, I can't figure out why I haven't come up with this one before!!!  Here is it:


I didn't really follow the sketch 100% (hope Jaydee doesn't mind) but I got so carried away with thinking "threes" that I zoned out on the dimensions!  Anyway, it gave me a chance to finally dig into these beautiful Share What You Love Specialty papers...I know, I am slow on the uptake, but I finally got them and they are gorgeous!  So here we go:


I REALLY wanted to use the velvet ribbon in the Holiday Mini, too...it's technically Tranquil Tide, but it looks more like Lost Lagoon to me, so that's what I used as a mat for my papers.  I used a sentiment from Wishing You Well, and fussy-cut a flower from the same DSP to add as an accent:


I used my trusty Envelope Punch Board to round the corners of my card and layers...so easy!  I hope you'll play along with our sketch this week; I know I'll be using it a lot in the future...just think of the little scraps you have...they would work great!  Can't wait to see what you create!  Meanwhile, check out what the DT members created:

·        Claire
·        Jaydee
·        Joanne
·        Laurie
·        Nance
·        Anne Marie
·        Sandy
·        Elizabeth
·        Annie
·        Jan


My dad is having some serious health issues, so Cassidy and I had to make an unanticipated trip to the Delaware shore to take him to a doctor's appointment.  It's over a two-hour drive, so I promised her a trip to the boardwalk as a reward!  Here she is at Funland on her favorite ride!  I went to Funland when I was a kid, as did Dana!  It's fun to continue the tradition!  She even convinced me to go on the bumper cars!!!



Thanks for visiting today, be blessed and enjoy it!


12 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Your card today is so pretty LeAnne and I love the combination of that velvet ribbon and those lovely papers too. I’m with you - this sketch is fab and I’m gong to use it lots more too. Sorry to hear your Dad isn’t in the best of health - looks like you managed to get a little fun into your unscheduled trip too though, which is nice.

Cheryl said...

A beautiful card...one of my hardest items to use is that DSP...it has taken me awhile to feel it! This card helps! TFS!
Hope your Dad is better...sent a prayer up for him!

Anne Marie Hile said...

I love how you combined the patterns and that DSP is one of my favorites! I completely overlooked that ribbon in the Holiday Catalog. Adding it to my list right now. Ha! I especially like the rounded edges at the bottom of the card. On a personal note, I will be keeping your dad in my thought and prayers. Big hugs, my friend.

Jan Clothier said...

Aren't those papers wonderful? And they're not only pretty but strong. Lost Lagoon - such a favourite of mine. I couldn't bear to part with the bits I've still got even when I sold off most of my retired colours. I like the little rounded corners - nice touch. So sorry to hear that your dad is so unwell. Wishing him well and sending you a virtual hug.

Lisa Elton said...

Your card is lovely and that velvet ribbon adds a wonderful texture! So sorry to hear your dad isn't doing well. I'll keep him in my prayers. HUGS

Tracy Grauer said...

I like your card and I love that DSP! I hope your Dad is doing better. I will lift him up in prayer. Glad you had a bit of fun with your granddaughter!

laurie said...

Beautiful papers, and I LOVE that gorgeous ribbon! Hope your Dad is better.

Annie S. said...

Those papers are so pretty and really pop with the sketch. Beautiful card! I hope your Dad is doing better ~ Hugs, Annie

Being Mrs Miles said...

Awww my prayers for your Dad's health issues. Thats tough. This was beautiful for you to take Cassidy to Funland, so great to have traditions. You should totally do digital scrapbooking, your cards are SO great I think you would be a whiz at putting your lovely memories like this into digi - they print out so nice in photobooks, no fuss. Now, your card is wonderful!! I love the patterns, juicy colors and that velvet bow is going to be that really "tactile" element which will be really pleasing to whoever is blessed to get this!

stampwithsandy said...

LeAnne, I think your take on the sketch is perfect! Love the pretty papers and the combo of colors, and the texture of the velvet ribbon, too. Sending hugs and prayers to you and your father.

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I am in love with this card. Your mixture of DSP, the wonderful little velvet ribbon and the rounded corners all work together so beautifully. I love the colors, too. Sending hugs to you and your Dad.
Jaydee

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I am sorry your Daddy isn't well. Keeping him in my prayers! SO happy you and Cassidy could sneak a fun adventure in, too! Your card is gorgeous! Love those pretty papers you combined and the velvet ribbon adds so much warmth to your card. Just lovely! I hope you have a nice weekend, My Friend! XX