Sunday, August 19, 2018

PP406 Corny Thanks

Hi peeps!  Sunday is here and that means another Paper Players challenge!  Sandy is our hostess and she has a clean-and-simple challenge, and it's a fun one:


I really don't have  that many fruits or vegetable stamps, although when I started to check, I found I had more than I thought...more DSP, really!  But anyway, I found this Perfectly Preserved set, which had a fun ear of corn, so I used the FMS sketch to make my CAS card:


Here's the sketch for reference, and I also used the Hand Stamped Sentiment color challenge:

There is a matching die with the set, so I stamped the corn in both colors, die-cut them and trimmed off the husk and glued them together, then popped them up on an oval that I embossed with the Basket Weave EF.  The Blueberry Bushel DSP was a good background for my sentiment.  Now, why would I make a thank-you card with corn on it, you ask?  Our neighbor just gave us two dozen ears of corn, and I wish I could say that I took a picture of it on my plate, but it is GONE!  And it was the most delicious corn ever!  So I had to send him this as a way of thanking him!  John said he has over 30 tomato plants as well....it's just him and his wife, so I think he gives a lot of his produce away to the local food pantry and senior centers as well!  What a nice guy!

 

I hope you'll have fun creating something CAS with fruit and/or vegetables!!!  Share it at the Paper Players blog...can't wait to see it!  While you're there, be sure to check out what the designers did and give them some love!




Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Perfectly Preserved (ret), Label Love (Altenew)
Card stock & Papers     Thick White, Blueberry Bushel DSP
 Ink Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Blueberry Bushel
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies (Lil'Inker), Perfectly Preserved Dies (ret), Basket Weave EF

18 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Same here LeAnne - I had plenty of fruity DSP to hand, but no stamps - I know I have a set in my retired collection somewhere, but I couldn’t find it for looking so had to get creative! Love this ear of corn in those bright, fresh colours - perfectly CAS. Hope the sun shone for yesterday’s celebrations!

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable.....love the corn!

Dawn Tidd said...

This is so cute! That Basket Weave EF is great with the corn...reminds me of the farmers market!

Anne Marie Hile said...

I forgot I had this set until I saw your card! Ha! How adorable is that little ear of corn. I love the color combo, as well. That Blueberry Bushel is such an awesome blue, isn’t it? The basketweave embossing is the perfect touch. Love it! I still cannot get over how “grown up Ms. Cassidy is. Such a sweet photo! Have a great day today! :)

Jan Clothier said...

I wouldn't have known that you'd cut together the corn - it looks so perfect. The textures in behind the corn is a great touch. That DSP - isn't it so handy to have in your stash. It looks so good here in behind the corn - it really draws your eye with its brightness.

laurie said...

Clever way to say thanks for the corn..I love it! I bet your neighbors did too.

Have a great day!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I just love this card! That blue is gorgeous and pops off all that white. The embossed oval is perfect to showcase your corn. SO FUN! My Daddy always grew a lot of sweet corn. At 80 he gave it away to the "old" people at church. I am so happy you have a sweet neighbor! Nothing better than home grown corn in the summer! Have a great week! Love the picture of Dana and Cassidy! XXX

Lisa Elton said...

Oh how cute and I like the basket weave embossing! Sweet photo of your girls ;)

Fiona said...

A great card combining the three challenges - and our colours look so fresh and vibrant in this card. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week.

Jenny Engelke said...

Oh, what perfection! This color combo is a match made in heaven for your corn card! I love, love, love it all, especially the basket weave embossed detail on the oval mat! Thanks for joining us for our color challenge at HSS!

ElizStewart said...

LeAnne... always love me a good ear of corn! My dad's garden has yielded the sweetest white corn ever this year!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is just gorgeous! What a beautiful CAS card you've created - all that white really makes your DSP and image pop! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

stampwithsandy said...

LeAnne, I love how we both zeroed in on the same sketch, and love your "corny" thanks! That ear of corn is super cute, and what a terrific way to say thank you to your neighbor. Great pic of Cassidy and Dana, too!

Annie S. said...

What a perfectly CAS card to give your neighbor! That little ear of corn is adorable and what a great color combo...perfect!

Claire Grantham said...

I love this LeAnne, so simple and elegant and I love how the blue pops off of the paper. What a great photo of Cassidy and her mum I assume? They look so happy! Cx

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love this color combo. the yellow and blue really pop with the white. Your corn cob with the polka dot is wonderful. Such a perfect CAS card
hope you are having a wonderful weekend
hugs
jaydee

Stampin by Genny said...

What a perfect thank you card for delicious corn. The little corn on your card is so cute and the embossed background is so fitting. Great composition of elements. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Elizabeth Price said...

Clean and simple and totally perfect in every way! You always make the best cards. Way to go with our color challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth