Monday, August 20, 2018

Dotty Happy Birthday and a Winner

Hi peeps!  It's Monday (groan), only one more week before school starts and we have a busy few days ahead of us.  Blessedly, the sun decided to shine this morning after a weekend of rain, rain, rain!  I got in a couple minutes of stamping time today to make a quick, easy card for two challenges!  So here we go:


I always need juvenile birthday cards and I think this one fits the bill!  It is for the Just Add Ink challenge of Just Choose Two (I did embossing powder and embossing folder), as well as the Less Is More sketch challenge:



I thought it would be fun to highlight the In Colors on my card, so I used the smallest Stitched Shapes square die to cut out some polka-dotted pieces, then layered them on a panel of Whisper White that was embossed with the Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder.  The final step was to use my Stamparatus to first stamp the sentiment from Perennial Birthday in Lovely Lipstick; then I cleaned my stamp without removing it from the plate and re-inked it with Versamark ink and stamped again.  Then I heat-embossed it with Clear embossing powder, trimmed it to a banner and popped it up!


It's hard to see, but there's a nice shine to it and that technique is a great way to let you emboss in almost any color!!  Love that!

We did have rain on Cassidy's birthday party, but we had a couple of tents, and the kids were already wet from swimming, so it did not dampen spirits too much!!  


She had a Minecraft cake and cupcakes, which was a big hit:




Finally, I do have a winner of the Sail On card from THIS post!  I asked Cassidy to choose a number from one to twelve, and she chose number eight!  She said, "Grammy, do you know why I chose eight?  Because I AM eight!"  So Lynn, you are my winner!  I'll be in touch for your details!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Perennial Birthday
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Lovely Lipstick, 2018-2019 In Color DSP
 Ink Versamark, Lovely Lipstick
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Stamparatus, Perfect Polka Dot EF (ret)

10 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Leanne...the minecraft cake is priceless!

Kampin' Karen said...

Happy birthday to Cassidy and congrats to Lynn on her win. Some kiddo will enjoy getting today's card.

Lisa Elton said...

I like your colorful festive card! Looks like Cassidy had a great party. I still can't believe she's eight. They sure do grow up fast don't they ;)

Dawn Tidd said...

I love these bright colors together! Great way to show off the In Colors and a great card to have in your stash!

KimB said...

What lovely bright all purpose birthday card LeAnne. It love those dotty panels of colour and embossing the sentiment really steps it up. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Rochelle Blok said...

Such a fun and bright birthday card LeAnne. Love the use of the polka dot embossing folder and then the continuation of the spots in the DSP pieces. A fabulous CAS card! Thanks for playing along this week and supporting us at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

Jan said...

This is such a vibrant and cheerful card, LeAnne - perfect for kids of all ages. I love how you have used the stitched shapes to add a neat detail and the shiny, embossed sentiment will look fabulous in real life, I’m sure. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Chantell Randall said...

Fun, colourful and dotty. A great card. Chantell Just Add Ink

Jaxx Crafty Creations said...

Fabulous card, Leanne. Such a fun and vibrant birthday card. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Perfect take on the sketch LeAnne - love the combo of in-colours and all the dots, and my most favourite embossing folder EVER!