Thursday, August 30, 2018

IB35 Graphic Noel

Happy Thursday, everyone!  It is still HOT HOT HOT here!  It's hard to think about fall and winter, but that's just what I did for today's Inspired By challenge!  I went gold and graphic:


This is such a departure from my usual style, but I really like!  I had a chance to use a bunch of older stamps, too!  Before I tell you which ones, here's Laurel's prompt:


I can't say why I chose to do a Christmas card, but I was looking through some of my old stamps and saw a couple of graphic/silhouette style images and thought I would go with that!  The "berries" were stamped in Basic Black, and are from an old set called Autumn Days, and are embellished with some gold sequins:



The square panel is SU's Brushed Gold (ret), on which I stamped and embossed a wreath in Versamark ink and black embossing powder, and it is from Concord & 9th's Joyful Noel. The  square Noel sentiment is from an old Paper Pumpkin kit, also stamped and embossed in black.  There's a tiny bit of gold ribbon at the bottom and some gold thread at the top!


Finally, on the inside, a background and sentiment from the same Concord & 9th set:


I feel like I am channeling my inner Michele with this card...she always has such fun graphics!  I hope you can play along with our challenge this week...can't wait to see what you create!

It's so hot here, I thought I would share some pix from the last day at the pool:


Enjoying a snack in preparation for battle!


Kids!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Autumn Days (ret), Joyful Noel (Concord & 9th)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Brushed Gold (ret)
 Ink Basic Black, Versamark, Smoky Slate
Accessories Gold Sequins (ret), Gold Thread, Gold Ribbon (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Black Embossing Powder, Heat Tool

5 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

LeAnne, this is absolutely stunning. That NOEL stamp is one of my favorite Pumpkin kits and I used it all!

I Card Everyone said...

Total perfection, LeAnne!! I'm having one of those WDITOT moments! Sure glad you thought of it... xx
=]

Dawn Tidd said...

Love this! You chose great stamps from your "store"! Love the colors too...it's fun to see other than Christmas colors for a Christmas card! Who won the battle??

stampwithsandy said...

It is hot-hot-hot in NY too, but even worse, the mosquitos are eating me up! But I digress.. I am here to comment on your card :) I love the neutrals and touch of texture, a very elegant Christmas card overall!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, this is pretty LeAnne! I love every little thing about it!