Thursday, August 23, 2018

IB 34 Rustic Summer

Howdy, peeps!  I can say "howdy" because our Inspired By Challenge today is called "Rustic Summer"!  Does this seem rustic to you?  Hope so!


And here is Laurel's lovely prompt:


I know her flowers are dandelions, but this Painted Harvest sunflower was the closest I could find!  I said earlier this week that yellow was not a color I was drawn to, and here I've used it twice so far!!  I stamped the flower in Pineapple Punch and Crushed Curry, fussy-cut it out and sponged the edges so the color went right to the very edge!  The leaves were stamped in Old Olive and Garden Green and I clustered them behind the flower, then added some glimmer dots to look like dew:


I am totally enamored of the new Buffalo Check background stamp; here I stamped a piece of Whisper White with Garden Green ink, angling it on the stamp to get a diagonal plaid.  The sentiment, because I never have enough get-well cards, is from Apron of Love, and it was diecut with the Stitched Labels framelit die:


A piece of woodgrain paper provided a lovely "rustic" background!  This card just makes me happy, and I hope it will cheer someone up when it goes out in the mail!  I hope as well that you'll play with our challenge at Inspired By and share your creation with us as well!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Cassidy told me the other day she only has to wait eight more years until she can drive!!!!  Yikes!  She is getting a head-start by helping Mommy fill her gas tank, LOL! (No worries, Mommy was right there supervising!)



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Painted Harvest, Apron of Love, Buffalo Check Background (available Sept 5)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Woodgrain DSP (Pleasant by Authentique)
 Ink Pineapple Punch, Crushed Curry, Garden Green, Old Olive
Accessories Glitter Dots (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Labels Framelits, Sponge Daubers

7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Wow I love this! That bright yellow flower is fabulous against the wood grain! And these babies grow too fast!

Bonnie said...

A beautiful sunflower, LeAnne! Love it against the woodgrain background!

I Card Everyone said...

It's the perfect amount of rustic, to me, LeAnne! and absolutely darling! LOve your buffalo check!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

I love this background stamp. We can make our own DSP with any color we choose! It's a great rustic card.

Cheryl said...

I absolutely Love your Card! I am going to CASE this for my stash! TFS!

barb mann said...

LeAnne - I'd say - You nailed it! Beautiful rustic summer card. Anyone would love to receive it! Can't wait to use my Buffalo Check stamp!

Lisa Elton said...

This is wonderfully rustic LeAnne! I like the pretty green plaid and the cluster of leaves really stands out to me, love them!