Thursday, August 13, 2015

SIP9 and KJ236 Apple of My Eye

DSCF1413

Happy Thursday, everyone!  Another quick post today…we are gearing up for the fairy birthday party event on Saturday!  Should be fun!!  For now, I have a card for the Stamp, Ink Paper sketch challenge:

SIP Sketch Challenge 9 

and the Kraft Journal’s Take Your Pick challenge!  I think I managed to use five of the listed elements! 

So here we go:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Apple of my Eye Papertrey

I have had this Papertrey paper and cute little stamp set for a long, long time…I think you might say I have been hoarding it….and it seemed to be the time to break into it!  I stamped the apple in Watermelon Wonder, the stem and sentiment in Chocolate Chip and the leaf in Kiwi Kiss:

DSCF1414

I actually used my ruler embossing folder AGAIN and used some retired grosgrain ribbon for a little accent.  The whole thing is on a Chocolate Chip card base….a color I haven’t used in a while, I might add!  Now, hmmm…to whom should I send this?  I can think of a couple of friends!  Speaking of which, here are a few more birthday cards:

I love the CAS simplicity of Kristie’s card:

DSCF1352

as well as Shawn’s:

DSCF1353

And both of them in such bright, summery colors!  Love them!

And here’s my bright summery girl with a couple of our first black raspberries ever; my friend gave me three plants last year for my birthday and we actually got a few berries this year!  These did not last long…..she was trying to eat them before I could even get my camera out!

DSCF1411

Thanks for popping in today!

14 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Super cute card, LeAnne!
Thank you for featuring my card, so happy it arrived. Hope you had a great birthday.
Love the picture of Cassidy!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a fun card! I just love those papers - I can understand why you hoarded those!! The embossed ruler is just great too - perfect for back to school cards, I might have to get one! Your blackberries look yummy - I picked my biggest raspberry ever in the garden yesterday - 3.5cm long!

stampwithsandy said...

Oooh I love this, LeAnne! That paper is so, so pretty. Love the ruler, too! So glad you joined us this week at SIP!

LeAnne said...

Thank YOU, Kristie!

LeAnne said...

Thanks, Joanne! We have had a good garden this year for sure....I haven't been down to pick for a couple of days and I am a little worried at what I might find. The pumpkins didn't do too well....I think we have ONE wee little one popping out!

LeAnne said...

Thanks, Sandy!

Maria Rodriguez said...

Oh LeAnne, love this card with the ruler, what a fabulous card for any teacher!!!!! Can I ask you where did you get that ruler embossing folder? I think it's awesome.
And Cassidy looks so happy, I bet those berries are as sweet as she is.
Hugs.
Maria.

Crystal Komara said...

Hi LeAnne, I just wanted to say hi and that I do follow your blog nearly every day and I never usually leave comments (I'm working on that!) but I really think this "apple of my eye" card is so sweet. I'm already thinking fall designs, so this really caught my eye! Crystal

Lisa Elton said...

I love this little PTI apple and I love the way you've used it!! Super cute card. Almost as cute as little Miss Cassidy!!

LeAnne said...

Hi Maria! The embossing folder is from Darice, and it comes in a set of three school-themed skinny folders. I cut out the label and it says School 3 Pack. I don't remember where I bought it but if you google it you can probably find it easily! Thanks so much!

LeAnne said...

Aw, thanks, Crystal! I know, commenting can be tough, especially when I have so many blogs that I love to visit! No problem, I am glad you popped by to say hi!

Stephanie said...

What a cute card! Great job on fitting so many items from the list onto it. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Kraft Journal. Your blackberry picker is adorable!! :) Stephanie - Guest DT

Unknown said...

Great card!! Love the fall colors, and your take on the sketch. Very appropriate card for this time of year......my sister is a high school teacher and a lot of our conversations have revolved around school lately. :) Thanks for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper.

Taunya Butler said...

Fun cards - I especially love the apple one, so cute and I think you could enter it into the Food challenge over at DoubleClick - Here is a link for you!! Would love to see it in our gallery!! http://doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com/2015/08/thank-you-cherry-much-use-food.html
Taunya Butler
daisiesgirl.com