Thursday, August 6, 2015

KJ235, RRBC30 and FMS198

DSCF1193

Happy Thursday, peeps!  Another thank you card….almost through my list…this one incorporates the Kraft Journal’s Back to School challenge; the By The Numbers challenge at Retro Rubber:

RRCB20

and the Freshly Made Sketches sketch:

I have to give a nod to my stampin’ pal Linda Callahan, as she inspired me by her card here!!  I took a little different tack with my back-to-school theme!

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Something to Say Thank You Stampin Up

I used some diecut letters and numbers that I received long, long ago from another Linda, and using dsp from Schoolhouse, I stamped the sentiment from Something to Say in Smoky Slate ink.  I also used a ruler embossing folder that I am embarrassed to say, have maybe used once, but it seemed appropriate for the “numbers” challenge!  Finally, some denim ribbon and three gold stars finished it off!

DSCF1195

And it is in the mail!

John is tired of losing electricity out here in the country, and finally bought a generator, so there has been lots of digging and dismantling as he wires it up to the house.  Of course, Cassidy wants to “help”!  Here, she is stacking up the bricks as John takes them out of the patio:

DSCF1167

We all thought the final effect looked like a zipper!

DSCF1168

More later…..today, we’re off to the Herr’s Potato Chip Factor Tour!  Enjoy your day!

19 comments:

Frenchie said...

Awwwww, what a good grandpa, Cassady looks confused, lol , love thet look, like what's next grandpa!!!, lol, she soo cute , great news LeeAnne, my daughter had her baby last Monday with flying colors , thank you God !! Remember, I told you we almost lost her with the last grand children, yes I know , she shouldn't off !! But what a beautiful mistake, lol, , it's a girl , and she's is being so loved since we haven't had a baby for 12 years , lol, well you all have fun at the Chip tour, I love chips !!! Hugs to you both !!!
Frenchie ,

*Vicki* said...

Oh I just LOVE this LeAnne!! I'm so glad I got some of these papers in the share with you!! :) Do I spy some new products? I haven't looked at Holiday catalog as of yet! I should go take a peek!! :) Brilliant design!! (So nice getting a generator! You pretty much need one in the country!) So glad that you've played along with the Retro Rubber challenge this time too!!

stampwithsandy said...

Great card, LeAnne! I love all the school themed elements, especially that ruler die! Awesome!

JoAnn said...

Love your card LeAnne.
Good luck with the generator and have fun at Herr's Potato Chip Factory.

Linda Callahan said...

Love love love the die cut edging and ruler embossing folder! Perfect with the numbers! Have a chip for me!

LeAnne said...

Oh Frenchie, that is awesome news, so happy for you all! Congrats and God bless all of your family! Having a new baby brings such joy to everyone!

LeAnne said...

Thanks, Sandy!

LeAnne said...

Thanks, JoAnn! I enjoyed the chip factory...Cassidy was a little bored, but she liked the free bags of chips!

Jen Mitchell said...

Back to school never looked so good! I love all these layers and the ruler embossing folder is fabulous!

Lisa Elton said...

CUTE back to school card, the ruler embossing folder is fun!! It does look like a big zipper!! Grampy has a pretty little helper ;)

Cindy Lovell said...

LeAnne,this card is so awesome!!! I love everything about it!! FABULOUS!!!
And yes,it really looks like a zipper!! :)
Thank you so much for joining us at FMS!!

Unknown said...

A brilliant card, sweet granddaughter, ingenious husband and a fun excursion... Life could not be much better than that. Thanks so much for sharing with the Retro Rubber numbers theme this challenge. Always love seeing you in the gallery!

Frenchie said...

Thank you LeeAnne,
Hugs to all !!!

Jane Knudsen said...

I LOVE this card and I want that ruler embossing folder! I am speechless at this card! You put together such fantastic patterns and textures and topped it off with that jean ribbon! Perfection from you as always! Thanks for playing at Retro Rubber!

Marsha said...

Another wonderful card. Love the paper and the ruler. You must use it more often - love it. Thank you so much for entering you card in the Kraft Journal Challenge.

Cindy Hall said...

Oh my gosh, this is fabulous Leann! I love the tools that you used and how it all comes together. What a great card! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Debbie Mageed said...

Your card is perfect for our challenge and great for the upcoming school year as well. Don't you just love how you can find the perfect use of something that you haven't used in a long time? That's my #1 excuse for my craft hoarding! Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber this week and hope you will play along again soon.

Christine Traversa said...

this card is great! love the color combo and use of numbers! thanks so much for doing the challenge!

Claire Grantham said...

This is absolutely stunning. I love all the layers and little details. LOL it does look like a zipper! Thanks for playing with us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT