Friday, August 14, 2015

AYSI100 Celebrate!

DSCF1285 
Happy Friday, peeps!  Today is a really special day….it’s the 100th challenge for those sweet gals at As You See It!  I have really enjoyed playing with their challenges, and honored that they asked me to participate!  So here’s your inspiration:

unnamed (1)

I loved the “celebrate” in the Paper Pumpkin kit from a month or so ago, along with the balloons, so I put them to work in my sparkly square card:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Pumpkin As You See It 100th Anniversary

I stamped the balloons on the back of some red glimmer paper and cut them out, then stamped the strings on some vellum, and placed it over a circle of some Everyday Chic DSP, which I also used for the other portions of my card.   I stamped the sentiment simply on a strip of Whisper White in Real Red and added some red, white and black sequins!

DSCF1286

My sketch is from Retrosketches for this week:



I sure hope that you’ll play along with the 100th celebration at As You See It!  The challenge will last for TWO weeks, and there is BLOG CANDY!   Check what all the other designers and previous winners created as well!

Here are a couple more birthday cards; this beautiful vintage one (she knows me well) is from my customer/friend Alison:

DSCF1354

and the sweet floral creation is from my dear friend Billie:

DSCF1355

Thanks, girls! 

Just taking a little early-morning ride around the drive:

DSCF1387-001
DSCF1388
DSCF1390

Enjoy your day!

5 comments:

KellyRae said...

The festive confetti bracketing the 'celebrate' was my favorite part of that kit too! Love the idea of stamping the balloons on the reverse side of the glimmer paper and cutting your own balloons - and then stamping the strings on the vellum! Great card!

None None said...

What a fantastic card, LeAnne! I love the pop of red against the black and white. I also love the use of the vellum backed by the patterned paper - what a great effect! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a fantastic card LeAnne! Black, white and red are a favorite combo of mine and you've made them look even better together with all that pattern and texture! Just lovely!!

Lisa Elton said...

This is awesome!! Love the pretty red sparkle! I see the horn went on the ride today :)

Unknown said...

Love your sassy card - that colour combo is so eye catching!! We have LOVED having you play along so faithfully with the As You See It Challenges, and excited to have you play along for the next 100+! :)