Sunday, August 16, 2015

PP258 CAS Beach

DSCF1460-001
Happy Sunday, everyone!  Hope you are enjoying your weekend!  It’s time for another Paper Players challenge, and this week I am the hostess with a clean and simple theme:  the BEACH!
It’s a little joke here on the east coast…some people say they’re going to the “shore” and others say they’re going to the “beach”.  I like to say I am going to the shore and then once I am there, I go to the beach, LOL!  Whatever way you say it, you can’t deny the pull of the ocean, sand and salt air!  So many ways to interpret it….I actually had another idea in mind for my card when I came up with this theme, but I started playing around with some watercolor paper, inks and water and ended up with this:
LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 258 CAS Beach Impression Obsession Stampin Up
Just a couple of swishes of Soft Sky and Sahara Sand; a line of Lost Lagoon; a sentiment and a few hand-painted seagulls, and it was done.  I added a starfish, some Gorgeous Grunge speckles and burlap ribbon for a simple embellishment:
DSCF1463
And isn’t this a lovely sentiment?  This is from an older Impression Obsession set, stamped in Early Espresso:
DSCF1462
The rope is also from the same set, and the starfish is from SU’s retired Beautiful Beach.  This is also for the City Crafter Challenge blog’s beautiful theme board:
I can’t wait to see your CAS beachy creations!  Share them with us at the Paper Players blog, and meanwhile, check out the other lovely beachy cards the DT has come up with:
Yesterday we had Cassidy’s “pretend” birthday party, which is what she called it because her real birthday is tomorrow!  She had a Tinkerbell/fairy theme, and my daughter did a great job with decorations and costumes!
DSCF1508
DSCF1510
Of course, we also had a “slipping slide”, as Cassidy calls it!  The day was perfect….warm, not too hot, a nice breeze….it was great!   I’ll share more as the week goes by!
DSCF1514
And today, we’re headed to a pre-season Eagles football game….I have a chance to sit in a box seat, so this will probably be the one-and-only time I’ll ever attend a game!  Enjoy your day!

27 comments:

None None said...

Love this card, LeAnne! You captured the beach scene so perfectly where the ocean meets the sand and sky so beautifully! I had to laugh when you explained the shore / beach difference since I understood it so well. Although since I've moved from the area but am still on the east coast, I find it remarkable that people here don't refer to the beach as the "shore" so they look at me funny when I say I'm going to the shore. I think it's more of a SE PA / Jersey / Delaware term, especially to folks around here.

Hope you enjoy the football game!!

Bananastamper said...

Wow LeAnne, this is just stunning. I absolutely love everything about it - the wonderful colours, the image and the beautiful design. The burlap is absolutely perfect on here. Did I say I LOVE this card?
Happy Sunday!
Shanna :)

AnitaR said...

Love this card! You captured the beach feel, for sure!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is absolutely beautiful LeAnne. The detail of the grunge and the rope is wonderful and the sponging is perfect. I live in NJ and had a chuckle when you talked about the shore and the beach. That is how we do it too - we go "down the shore" and then when we arrive we "go up to the beach". Thanks for sharing this gorgeous card. I love it.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Ooooops. Just realized that your gorgeous scene is watercolored and not sponged. Now i love it even more :)

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is lovely! I love every detail! The sentiment is so perfect for your lovely beach scene! I think your card is so calming! Cassidy certainly had a fantastic party! I love the fairy costumes and all the treats looked amazing! She is so cute! I know she had a blast! XX

creatingincolors said...

Beautiful card! I love that stamp set and what you did with it. Nice work.

KimCreate said...

I can feel the peace and serenity from your beach card! I just love it.

laurie said...

You sure created a beautiful watercolor beach scene! Your card really puts one in the mood for some time at the shore. Looking forward to more pics of the Birthday girl! So cute!

Michelle said...

The card is lovely! Makes me want to dip my toes in the water. :)

Stella said...

You nailed our moodboard in so many ways. Your card is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Jane Knudsen said...

LeAnne, this card is spectacular! You have created a scene that truly looks like you took a picture and put on a card!

Jan Clothier said...

I am speechless at the perfection of this card! Just all-round wonderful!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is just beautiful LeAnne! I so wanted to do a watercolour this week but it wasn't working for me; nothing as beautiful as this! This card is so calming and serene - I love the addition of the burlap and starfish too. Way to rock your challenge this week!

stampwithamyk said...

Simply beautiful! The colors and your watercoloring are just perfect, the touch of burlap and the sentiment are awesome too! Cute birthday party pictures, so jealous that you're headed off to a preseason game, I'm a big football fan and can't wait for the season to get started! :)

Darlene Gabriel said...

I love your card LeAnne.......so beautiful and peaceful. I love Soft Sky and Sahara Sand together and you've used them so perfectly here. The touch of burlap is wonderful. What a wonderful theme.
It looks like Cassidy had a fun "pretend birthday" party. She looks so sweet in her Tinkerbell costume. Happy Birthday tomorrow Cassidy!
Well I'm home from our second holiday and see I've missed some gorgeous creations while I've been gone. I'd love to go back and comment on them all, but I'm afraid that is unrealistic and so forgive me if I don't do that;)

Ros Crawford said...

What a beautiful card for our challenge!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Nena3110 said...

Lovely!

stampwithsandy said...

Leanne, what a great challenge and you made the perfect card for it! I love your beautiful watercoloring and the sentiment is amazing. Happy Birthday to Miss Cassidy! Love those fairy wings!

Mac Mable said...

Love the colours, the layering and texture of this card. Just gorgeous! Loving the fairy wings and tutu too!!

Ann Schach said...

LeAnne...your card is absolutely stunning! It is so serene, and makes me wish I was heading to the shore to go to the beach! I LOVE the sentiment! This card is one my all-time favorites!

Nance Leedy said...

This card is absolutely stunning, LeAnne! I can hear the ocean and smell the salt air just by looking at it. The colors are perfect and the details amazing! Love, love, love!!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, this card is gorgeous. I love the colors, the starfish, the texture and that sentiment is perfect. Fabulous challenge, too!
hugs
jaydee

Unknown said...

Lovely card. I really like the colors and the hole theme.
Could you tell me how did you make the starfish? Is it stamped and cut out by a puncher?

LeAnne said...

Thank you, Stavroula! I stamped the starfish and just cut it out with small scissors.

LeAnne said...

Thank you, Stavroula! I stamped the starfish and just cut it out with small scissors.

Diana said...

Timeless beauty.