Sunday, August 9, 2015

Paper Players 257

DSCF1258

Happy Sunday, peeps!  Claire is our amazing hostess today for the Paper Players challenge and she’s got an awesome color palette for us:

I love these colors!  I need a birthday card for my step-FIL and these hues are perfect for a masculine card.  I got some new goodies with my birthday money and went to work:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInlings Paper Players 257 Happy Birthday

The number and typewriter EFs are from Tim Holtz; the Old Olive panel is stamped with SU’s retired Dictionary background stamp, and the banner is from Banner Blast.  I cut the circle with a Lil’Inker’s Stitched Circles mat, and I used SU’s Little Letters to diecut the H and the B.  I used a Paper Pumpkin stamp to stamp the “happy birthday” on the circle, and I left the spaces in the B unstamped, just for fun! 

DSCF1257

Normally I might sponge the embossed areas for a distressed look, but I wanted them to remain bright and colorful, so I restrained myself!  I do love the bold look that the black mats give these colors, so I used them with each of my panels….and the sketch is from Match The Sketch:

I hope you’ll play along with these colors too!  The design team has created some awesome samples….it always amazes me how they each come up with their own unique design and style!  Check them out:

If the sight of a naked doll baby turns your stomach, you might want to skip these photos….naked babies don’t deter Cassidy at all!  The little engineer  was determined to adapt her swing (which desperately needs a new seat, LOL!) so that her baby could use it.  Since Grampy has a plethora of bungee cords, she went into his shop and asked him if she could borrow some and tried to make her own baby swing!  She had them wrapped around and over, and finally, with some help from Grampy, she managed to make them work:

DSCF1233

DSCF1239DSCF1244

Swinging success!  And yes, she’s wearing Minion PJs in the middle of the day.  I choose my battles and that one is not worth fighting!

DSCF1242

Enjoy your day!

16 comments:

Dee Tollaksen said...

Your card is awesome, lots of awesome details, as usual. I love the minion PJs. And I was laughing at the naked baby doll, thinking the PJs are looking good!

mudmaven said...

Always count on the grampy to come to the rescue! You know that I have one of those around here too - LOL. The card is awesome - as always. Might try to play in some challenges this week, we'll see how it goes. I totally agree about choosing your battles, with grandkids and with life in general. Great to get affirmation from someone you respect though.

Lisa Elton said...

The black looks fantastic on this card LeAnne, really kicks it up a notch! Lots of fun texture too. Grammy to the rescue!! Wouldn't it be great if WE could get away with PJs in the middle of the day, aaah to be little again!!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love the texture on each layer - the embossed letters in the background all the way through to the text on the focal point. What a great use of this sketch! Fabulous card and I am sure your FIL loved it, too. As for the minion PJ's - I am in love with them and not at all surprised she wanted to wear them! Good for her for re-engineering her swing, too! Go, Cassidy!
hugs
jaydee

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is FABULOUS!!!!!! I love all the layers and those embossing folders are calling my name! Thanks for enabling me! You rocked my challenge and made the colors shine! Now, on to the naked baby-----TOO PRECIOUS! She is having a blast! XX

JoAnn said...

Pretty card. Love the texture and your use of the colors.

Karren said...

This is fantastic, LeAnne! I love how you created the circle - so very effective!

stampwithamyk said...

Awesome card LeAnne! Love the embossing and your sentiment circle is perfect! Love the modified swing pictures, too cute! :)

Nance Leedy said...

Love how black makes these colors bold and bright--it really makes them pop! Great texture and the die-cut H and B is so stinkin' clever!

Unknown said...

Love your card, Leanne! So bold and bright and fun! Color challenges are so fun. I think Cassidy got Grammy's creative gene too! :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this creative use of letters and numbers - stamping, embossing and diecuts, such a great masculine card! The story about the PJs made me smile, you are so right - choose your battles! As for the swing - how clever!!

Jen Mitchell said...

LeAnne this is fantastic! I love all the layers and the embossed ones make me want to reach out and touch this!

Jan Clothier said...

This is a great card. All the textures work so well and the black edges are a real master-stroke.

stampwithsandy said...

Such a cool card! These colors are great for a guy card, and I love how you defined the layers with black. The naked baby doll cracks me up! I notice that your grass is so nice and green, too. Everything in NY is burning up from no rain!

LeAnne said...

Thanks, Sandy! We have had a great summer...just enough sun, just enough rain, and it's actually pretty cool tonight...feels more like fall! I'm not complaining!

jengd said...

Great card- I love how busy it all is though not so much that it's distracting- just fun. And great engineering on Cassidy's part. As for the PJ's- total success- it's the middle of the day and she's still dressed. In our house, that's definitely a successful day. :)