Monday, August 31, 2015

MTS087

DSCF1708

Hello, everyone!  I am back from vacation…a perfect beach week, very relaxing!  Here’s a view of the Lewes, Delaware, beach on a quiet Tuesday morning:

unnamed

Nothing better than a deserted beach!  So now I am trying to get back into the stamping groove…I have lots of goodies to play with but I am struggling with getting all my thoughts and ideas  together!  I went to the Match the Sketch challenge for my sketch, turning it on its side:

I love the new Woodland Textured embossing folder..here I used it on an Old Olive card base, adding three feathers from the Cheer All Year set in Tip Top Taupe, Early Espresso and Soft Suede.  I also stamped a sentiment  from the same set and added a touch of Tangelo Twist for a little brightness!

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Autumn Cheer All Year Stampin Up

DSCF1709

And for ease, I simply glue-dotted on my little baker’s twine knots…no tying!

Today is the first day of school….I’ll have pictures tomorrow.  Meanwhile, here is a little montage of Cassidy and her friend Dominic, whose mom is a friend of my daughter’s:

11987047_10206847045086699_4975232452998071085_n

There is always lots of action and excitement when these two are together!  And in true Cassidy fashion, if something doesn’t work right, she is right at the ready to get it fixed!!!  However, I think there’s something wrong with this picture!

11921662_10206847053086899_3725321077614156960_n

Enjoy your day!

10 comments:

Judith said...

So great having you back. Happy you had a good vacation.
Great card.

creatingincolors said...

How lucky to be at the beach without the crowds. It looks beautiful. I might have to take ride down!

Maria Rodriguez said...

LOL!! LeAnne, that is a fabulous picture of your sweetie Cassidy giving her friend a push!!! Strong girl, that is for sure, she took matters into her own two little hands and feet.
Now, your card is lovely, that embossing folder is on my list to get it as soon as tomorrow morning!!! I think it's a fabulous EF, perfect background for your beautiful feathers, great tip on how to "tie" your teeny, tiny knots, at first glance, I was wondering how in the world did you managed to tie them.

LeAnne said...

Thanks so much, Maria!!! I am sure you'll go crazy for all the goodies in the new catalog...I know I did!

*Vicki* said...

Looks like a fabulous time at the beach!! Glad you got to relax!! :) Stunning creation!! I'm loving the colors!!

Rene from OZ x said...

Great scenery, Cassidy, real woman don't push cars when a man is sitting in the drivers seat,
I know it is nice to be independent buuuut.
Best wishes from OZ x

Lisa Elton said...

Welcome back!! Love your card today, those feathers are fun. But I have to say that last photo of the kids steals the spotlight!!!

Fanny said...

Hey… Schön sieht deine Karte aus, hast dir richtig Mühe gegeben, gefällt mir! Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei Match the Sketch und viel Glück bei der Challenge! Liebe Grüße, Fanny

Josee Smuck said...

So pretty! I would love to share this one on my blog for 'My Crafty Friends Monday'! Please let me know if you would prefer that I didn't share it (of course I give you credit and link back to your blog!). Thanks so much! Love your cards!

LeAnne said...

Sure thing! I'd be flattered!