Thursday, August 20, 2015

FMS200 and KF237

DSCF1694

Happy Thursday, peeps….almost the weekend, it can’t get here soon enough for me, LOL!  I finally got a wee bit of stamping time late, late last night, making a really simple card for the Freshly Made Sketches 200th sketch!  Wow….what a milestone, and they are celebrating big time over there.  You’ve got to check it out!  So here is the easy sketch….lots of room for interpretation, right?

Since the Kraft Journal’s challenge this week was Anything Goes-Birds, I knew I wanted to pull out some of my hoarded CTMH Skylark paper….I just love this stuff!  I did some strategic cutting and pasting and came up with this:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Be Happy Birds on a Wire Close to My Heart

I mounted it on a card made from paper from the same pack, then stamped a Clearly Besotted sentiment in Tip Top Suede, fussy-cut the letters and punched it out with an oval punch:

DSCF1693

Those cute little swirly designs on the paper just reminded me of sequins, so I searched my stash for some that would complement my colors and randomly placed a few…and it was done!

DSCF1695

I have to admit that the last few weeks, my mojo has been somewhere between Toledo and Santa Fe….and I am weary!!!  I have a box of brand-new SU goodies sadly still unpacked, a bad case of insomnia and a plethora of garden produce that won’t stop!!! SO….I am taking a little bloggy break and hopefully will return refreshed and full of creativity!  I can dream, anyway!  I might be going somewhere that has some of these, too:

DSCF1647

Enjoy!

21 comments:

Bonnie said...

Great mix of paper and I love the added color on the side! I hadn't noticed that your creativity had lessened. Enjoy your break! (Hope you get to see the shore.)

mudmaven said...

We all need a break now and then - enjoy! Love this card. ~chris

Jen Timko said...

Blog breaks are good but I have to say that I see your mojo right here! But I hear you...sometimes I just seem to be in the same place, especially when other stuff is so busy. What a fabulous take on the sketch. Love all your details! Thanks for joining our celebration at FMS!

Judith said...

You will be missed. Enjoy the break. Look forward to your return.

I Card Everyone said...

Hi LeAnne... hope you are enjoying your break! Wish you were closer, I'd help out with the plethora of produce!! YUM! LOve your card... and those cute little swirly-gigs!
=] Michele

Linda Callahan said...

First of all if your mojo is missing I hope it ends up at my house! I love this card - you combined all the elements perfectly! And the picture of Cassidy is sweet! And as for the produce.....well leave some in the yard for the bunnies :)

Cheryl said...

You go girl and just Chillax!

Lesley said...

Enjoy your down time my friend. Love your creation as always!

jengd said...

I hope your mojo comes off its vacation soon. I feel for ya- mine took off over a year ago and still has only been dropping in sporadically. I really need to find a leash for it and tie it down the next time it stops by. LOL! Cute card all the same! Enjoy the time off, the beach, the veggies and all.

Carol Trovillo said...

I can't wait to see what you have created. Even if you may not love it. You still inspire creative ideas in the rest of us!! So don't sell yourself to short. Sometimes we need to change the scenery, to get those creative juices flowing. That way we will recharge our batteries. Hope you get some sleep. I know how that is. Enjoy your blog vacation!! We will miss you & Cassidy.

Lisa Elton said...

Those little swirly whirlies are fun, this is cute LeAnne!! I see no loss of mojo, but you enjoy your break!! We'll miss you, but we'll be here when you get back!!

LeAnne said...

Thanks, Lisa!

LeAnne said...

Thanks, Lesley!

LeAnne said...

Thank, Carol....the sleep is a big issue! Hoping to get caught up on that soon!

LeAnne said...

LOL, I know what you mean....sometimes life just saps the creativity right out of us!

Jen Mitchell said...

Love this LeAnne! What a great mix of patterned paper. I personally think that graph paper makes everything better! And strategically placed sequins are always a hit! Thanks so much for playing along with us for our little milestone. 200 sketches! Can you believe it!

Renita G. said...

Enjoy your break; get some sleep. I only wish I were half as creative as you! Love this card, but I always always always love your cards. Hope you're back with us soon! Have fun with that precious Cassidy.

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is such a wonderful card LeAnne! I love your choice of colours and all the fabulous details you've given your card. Thanks for joining us at FMS 200th challenge!

Taunya Butler said...


Your card caught my eye over in the Freshly Made Sketches Gallery and I wanted to come visit and see more! And WOW this is super lovely - love the birds and the addition of the sequins down the side - just a wonderful card!! I really enjoyed visiting your blog and I would love it if you popped over for a visit to my blog at daisiesgirl.com!! I have a giveaway going on right now!
Taunya Butler
http://daisiesgirl.com

Michele K. Henderson said...

I just LOVE cards with birds! This is one of my favorite!

stampwithsandy said...

Great card LeAnne, and your mojo is just fine! Love the sequin detail accenting the pattern. Have a wonderful vacation and I hope you come back all rested. If I lived a little closer I'd be happy to take some of that produce off your hands!