Sunday, February 16, 2014

Paper Players 183

DSCF0919

Happy Sunday, peeps!  It’s time for another Paper Players challenge, and today I have a clean and simple challenge for you:

Today is my daughter Dana’s birthday, and she LOVES stars, and she loves purple and silver, so I made her birthday card using both:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 183 CAS Birthday Stampin Up Take 2

I used the Freshly Made Sketches sketch for this week:

and I used the sets Simply Stars and A Dozen Thoughts, and an assortment of ink colors and cardstocks:  Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, Silver Glimmer, Silver Foil, and Brushed Silver.  The stars were all punched with the retired small star punch.  I added my sentiment on a little paper-pierced circle, stamped a little silver star from the retired Itty Bitties set, and finished it off with silver ribbon!  To make sure my ribbon stayed in place, I did a one-hole technique, taught to me by my upline, Pennie.  You can see a tutorial for it here:  One Hole Bow tutorial.

So, now how will you do your clean and simple starry card?  The design team has a plethora of fun ideas….some will surprise you….so be sure to check them out:

Forgive me if I shared this photo before, but this is a picture that Cassidy drew of Dana, including the “wrinkles” between her eyes!!!

1094946_10152515959197646_1588674584_n

Opening her Valentine candy!

DSCF0951

Enjoy your day!

11 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Great minds think alike LeAnne, I almost used this sketch for my PP card, too! Love your beautiful CAS creation, all the white space and bits of sparkle and shine. I'm sure Dana will love it too, and a Happy Birthday to her!

Linda Callahan said...

My daughter is a total purple gal too! Love the cool clean look of Dana's birthday card! And I love Miss C's portrait....lol!

Linda said...

Very very clever card. And oh what a wonderful little artist. Really that is amazing for a 3yr old.

lisa808 said...

Pretty card. I love purple too. Happy birthday to your daughter.

Lisa Elton said...

The happiest of birthday wishes and blessings to Dana!! The card you made her is cute, love the sparkle! I would smile like Cassidy too for a grape Tootsie Roll Pop!!!

Jen Brum said...

Fabulous card LeAnne! I love those stars and love that you made a card for Dana with her favourite things! My mom does the same thing for me!!! Such a pretty card!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Amy O said...

What a beautiful, clean card LeAnne! Happy birthday to your daughter! It's birthday weekend in our house too -- my son also has a birthday today and my daughter's was on Friday. Fun times!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Pretty card - Dana will love it. The purple and silver are so pretty together.

Bonnie said...

Love these stars and the layout! What a super card for any age, male or female!

Nance Leedy said...

What a perfect card for your challenge, LeAnne! Love all the shades of purple especially paired with silver. I'm sure Dana loved it and her special portrait too! Hope you're staying warm up there, big hugs your way!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your card LeAnne - the white, silver and purple colour combo with the pointy stars makes your card look really clean and crisp. Great challenge too - just managed to get my Paper Players entry in today with minutes to spare!