Monday, February 10, 2014

Merry Monday 95

DSCF0794

Hello, stampers!  Monday is back….hope you had a good weekend!  It’s time for another Merry Monday…..check out this little retro image:



You can use any animal or bird on your card, but since I had this adorable Scottie image in my Christmas stamp stash, I just had to use him:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Merry Monday 95 Christmas Cards Stampin

I had just-big-enough piece of this older K&Company designer paper to make a CAS note card!  I added my image, which I colored with Copics and matted with a scalloped mat, and to cover up a smudge, I added a little diecut holly:

DSCF0795

But you stampers probably never have smudges like I do, right??!!!  Sigh.  Anyway, I hope you play along with us this week…..I am getting quite a stash of Christmas cards, and you can too!  Check out what all the awesome designers came up with at the Merry Monday blog!

Cassidy found a pair of toy glasses in her toybox:

DSCF0684

and kept them on while playing “Come Get Me”!!!!

DSCF0680

Enjoy your day!

Wee Project Details
Stamps Scottie Christmas (Picture Show Stamps)
Card stock & Papers     White Notecard, K&Co Christmas, Basic Black, Garden Green, Real Red
 Ink Palette Noir
Accessories
Tools     Copics, Big Shot, Nestie Scallop Rectangle Die, Lil'Inker Holly Die

26 comments:

None None said...

Aww - so cute!!! Love that little Scottie image. I get smudges all the time and usually right when I am finishing up so I have to start all over again! Ugh.

I may have to find time to play along this week. Things are so crazy that I literally have to carve out time to stamp. ;(

Kristie Goulet said...

Such a sweet image, LeAnne! Love the plaid background!

You catch some great pictures of Cassidy and they always make me smile. :) Have a great week!

dpkennedy said...

Oh, I love this vintage Scottie! No one would ever know there was a smudge, the holly is a perfect accent! Super cute LeAnne!

stampwithsandy said...

That little scottie is so cute and looks just like the inspiration photo! You always seem to have the perfect stamp for a challenge. I guess you have a lot of stamps, LOL!

Doris said...

Cassidy is definitely all girl--too cute!

Lisa Elton said...

SUch a cute image LeAnne and perfectly colored too!
Great save with the smudge ;)

lisa808 said...

Adorable image! No one would ever have thought the holly was covering up a smudge.

Tracey McNeely said...

Did you get her? LOL Love your card, that image is so sweet!

Katie Melhus said...

What a perfect little Scottie to go with this week's photo! Super duper cute, LeAnne :)

Shelley said...

A happy accident with the smudge! And how wonderful you had such a cute image so close the inspiration photo. Sadly, I haven't made a single card for Christmas yet...I'm behind!

Bonnie said...

You found the perfect stamp for this image or vice versa! This really is an adorable card with the scotty dog jumping through the wreath and the pretty paper! Glad your power is back on and you're back to normal. Hope the rest of the winter goes easier on you!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a cute card! Love the touch of holly - we all get smudges :-) xx

Linda said...

OH my goodness I love the action shot of Cassidy. That is an adorable picture.
I love your card too. That little Scotty is so cute. Wonderful card. TFS Hugs, Linda

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

LeAnne - I love that little puppy!! Your card is just adorable (and your daughter cracks me up!)

Julia Aston said...

You had the perfect vintage image for the challenge LeAnne! Love it - and Cassidy in big pink glasses!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Oh my I love the action shot of Cassidy in her glasses. Makes me smile and wish I were in on the fun too;)
Sweet image on the this great card.

Karren said...

Love your card, LeAnne! This is such a perfect stamp for this challenge - great choice of challenge image! And I think we've all been known to smudge at the wrong time and in the wrong place :)

Karen Davis said...

LeAnn I love this image and your card, they make me think of my childhood (I am a 1956 girl). One look at it and nostalgia kicks in.:-) Heartwarming!

Ann Schach said...

As a collector of all things Scottie dog, I LOVE this card. It is absolutely perfect!

Susan Joyce said...

Sweet image LeAnne and I love the DSP.

Notes by Nina said...

Adorable card LeAnne, this image is so cute and I love the DP you used too.

jengd said...

Very cute card! And I love your photo of Cassidy- great capture!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

So cute how you found a Scottie to match the challenge picture. He looks great and your coloring is wonderful!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a great little Scottie dog image. If I had one I would have been encouraged to use him by the inspiration photo. Love the scallop matting and the holly. Mistakes and smudges are just opportunities to embellish!

Wendy said...

This has got to be the cutest card, LeAnne! That doggie image works so well with your pretty paper! Love it! :)

Margaret Moody said...

What a fabulous card, LeAnne! I love your cute Scottie dog and you couldn't have picked a more perfect background paper by going with the red plaid! Perfect card!