Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine’s Day!

DSCF0927
Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone!  I hope you all will have time to spend with your sweeties, whether they be family or friends!  This is the card I made for DH:
LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Valentine card
I let this MME Heirloom paper do most of the work; I did add some hearts at the top and a little resin doodad from SU, which qualifies it for Linda’s Catered Crop Heart of the Matter Quickfire challenge!  Aren't these florals beautiful?
DSCF0928
I usually give DH a card with a boat or something on it, but this year, he’s getting a romantic one, LOL!   And now that my sister has received her little Valentine package, I can share what I made for her:
LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Valentine's Altoid Tin Vignette 1
This is a little Altoids tin I have had kicking around…it’s a bit scruffy on the outside, but that just adds to the vintage charm!  I used some Valentine images I found on the web and layered them with some hearts & stuff!  The little girl’s got some glitter on her coat, and the little pup has a heart in his mouth:
LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Valentine's Altoid Tin Vignette 2
LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Valentine's Altoid Tin Vignette 3
I didn’t do a whole lot of embellishing on these, but I still think they’re cute!  And here’s the outside:
LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Valentine's Altoid Tin Vignette 4
And here’s my own little Valentine:
1800364_10152588186742646_1651806574_n
and one for you, all my sweet blog readers, this time from MY era!!!
OldDesignShop_ValentineDanceTime (1)
Have a sweet day!

14 comments:

Bonnie said...

Amazing paper that makes a very elegant card! Love the Altoid box and I know your sister will treasure it! The last valentine is from my era too. I remember how excited I would be to get all the valentines just like this.

Linda Callahan said...

That paper is scrumptious! Love your vintage look as always! DH just went to pick up my little Valentine for the day.....lots of snow to get through.....wish we were neighbors then Miss C and Miss E could play a bit while we chat!

Linda McClain said...

Wow . . . these are all stunning and so fun. Beautiful job. Happy Valentine's day.

jengd said...

Beautiful card- I really like the way you used the ... whatever they're called- the hard resin flower embelly. :) And your Altoids box is great! Happy Valentine's Day!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Happy Valentine's Day.
I do remember receiving Valentine card like this - too cute.
It's great when the paper can do most of the work on a wonderful card like the one you made for you DH. I know he will love it.
Wow, that Altoid tin is gorgeous. The vintage images are adorable and of course all the added hearts are especially wonderful to see.

Doris said...

That last Valentine brought back memories. Little did I know back then that I would be making my own cards! How nice to have your little Valentine there with you--enjoy!

Lisa Elton said...

A post full of love LeAnne! Everything is fabulous and I adore the sweet Valentine you sent out to all of us!! Happy Valentine's Day ;)

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I just adore vintage valentines. Your tin is so nifty. It looks like you put a lot of work into it with the layering and the glittering. The valentine to your hubby is fabulous too. Often those types of printed papers leave me wondering what to do with them when really, like you said, they do all the work.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Happy Valentines! JeAdore the little altoids tin and your beautiful card. What lovely treats for a special day.

Colleen Dietrich said...

LOVE these projects, LeAnne! That tin looks absolutely precious dolled up the way you did it. What a keepsake.

Happy Valentine's Day to you, too!

Shelley said...

You know you have me giddy over the Valentine for your sister! I have so many like this...definitely something I hoard! Your other Valentine will be a "real" vintage one someday, right? It's so classy! I am sad to see Valentine's Day past. I enjoy making the cards so much. Guess I need to focus my attention on Easter now!

Judi said...

Lovely cards. The little tin - sooo fun! You always do such a nice card. There ARE spring violets under the snow:)

Brenda in IN said...

I bet hubby loved his card. The tin is darling. Such detail and cute embellishments.

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

The tin is so adorable, LeAnne! I'm always amazed at the beautiful things you make!