Monday, February 24, 2014

Merry Monday 97

DSCF1141

Ah, Monday….back to the work week!  At least we have the Merry Monday challenge to look forward to!  Look at this gorgeous inspiration photo Lesley has given us today:

I agonized over what “aqua” I should use.  I can’t remember the last time I used Tempting Turquoise, and so I really wanted to use it, but it just didn’t look right, so I switched gears and used Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay and Encore Silver:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Merry Monday 97 Endless Wishes Tree Trimmings Stampin Up Christmas

I used the CAS(e) This Sketch sketch 65 for this week:

This retired Tree Trimmings set has a little “string” stamp, but I thought the twine from the SAB Sweet Sorbet Accessory Pack would be pretty to use:

DSCF1139

I also used the Endless Wishes polymer set for my sentiment, stamping it in Silver Encore and Coastal Cabana!  Easy and fun….the hardest part was fussy-cutting the ornaments!

The design team has come up with some gorgeous samples, and we hope they will encourage you, if you haven’t started yet, to begin making your Christmas cards too!  Be sure to check them out at the Merry Monday blog!

Cassidy made a parade of her animals on Grampy’s chair:

DSCF0956

DSCF0955

Not sure why she put them on a napkin!!!!

20 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Your ornaments look so pretty LeAnne, wonderful card! Cassidy has a very organized parade going on there!! Do I spy some Nativity participants ;)

Julia Aston said...

What lovely patterns on your pretty ornaments!

Kristie Goulet said...

Great job fussy cutting those ornaments, LeAnne! Very pretty card. Great take on the sketch too! Have a great week! ♥

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

I like your choice of using the Sorbet string! Great take on both challenges. So glad I go the Endless Wishes- you used it wonderfully. Cassidy may be saving Grampy's chair from accidents- you know how animals can be...

Karren said...

Beautiful CAS card, LeAnne! That stamp set is a keeper for sure! I love Bermuda Bay and Coastal Cabana together and you've used them in just the right amounts here.

Leigh Penner said...

So sweet & pretty! Lovely take on the sketch!

Darnell said...

Well, Gramma, she needed to show them off properly! That girl already has a great eye for design (no surprise!!)!

I'm sorry you had a bit of agony over your card - hate to hear that - but whatever angst you had paid off big time in the end. This is a beautiful card!! Hugs, Darnell

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card LeAnne, I love the pretty ornaments.

Lesley said...

So pretty! Love the clean design and the fresh look of the ornaments with that twine!

Lori Turner said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous ornaments LeAnne! Love the CAS design :)

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty, LeAnne! These are my favorite ornaments! Love how you used the sentiment from the Endless Wishes set!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

LeAnne, this is so elegant - LOVE everything about it!!

Katie Melhus said...

Another lovely card, LeAnne! I love all your white space and that sentiment is great, love the script :)

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a very pretty and simple card. I poked around in my paper yesterday. It was hard to decided the blue, that's for sure. I think you rocked the right colors on your card.

Wendy said...

Those ornaments are beautiful stamped in different colors & popped up! Love what you've done with this challenge, LeAnne! Stay warm....more winter weather is coming, unfortunately!

Karen Davis said...

A gorgeous card LeAnne. I love the ornament stamps that are beautifully cut. The colours you have chosen are fabulous.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Your ornaments look so pretty lined up to one side of your cardfront and the sentiment looks great in two colors!

Greta said...

Love the look of this card!

Unknown said...

I love the simplicity..very elegant

Susan Joyce said...

Such a beautiful CAS design LeAnne pure perfection!