Monday, February 17, 2014

Merry Monday 96

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Merry Monday 96 Christmas Card -001

Hi everyone!  It’s another Monday---did you have a good weekend!  We did!  The challenge for Merry Monday this week is to use holly!  What a beautiful seasonal image, right?
  


I found some pretty holly paper in my stash as well as a cute little scene embellished with holly, so I paired them up:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Merry Monday 96 Christmas Card

I stamped each image twice on Sahara Sand; once in Wild Wasabi ink and again in Riding Hood Red ink, then colored each one with a blender pen and did some fussy cutting and layering.  I also stamped a separate holly image and did the same thing, layering it under a Riding Hood Red bow:

DSCF1020

Actually, the children in the image are hanging mistletoe, but the holly is in the corners, LOL!  This sweet set is retired from Cornish Heritage Farm.  The whole thing is mounted on a gingham-stamped scalloped panel as well.  I had a little scrap of designer paper that I used on the inside too:

DSCF1021

And while I was at it, I figured I would go ahead and use another scrap I had to make a second card!  Usually I show you a second card because I didn’t like it and I made another, but this one is not too bad….just using up scraps!!!

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Merry Monday 96 Christmas Card Take Two

Although I do think the sentiment is a little too whimsical for the paper, I liked the words, LOL!

SO…..now it’s your turn to show us your holly cards!  Be sure to check out the Merry Monday blog where you’ll be able to see all the creations put out by the Design Team!  They always come up with the most amazing things!

Mommy “shared” her birthday candles with Cassidy (just ignore the horrible-looking frosting job—it was really quite tasty!) and she did a great job of blowing them out!

DSCF1069
DSCF1061

Enjoy your day!  I heard there is MORE snow on the way for us tomorrow!!!

First Card Wee Project Details
Stamps Night Before Christmas (ret Cornish Heritage Farms); Handy Christmas Greetings (Amy R Stamps); Text Basics:  Gingham (Papertrey)
Card stock & Papers     Sahara Sand, Riding Hood Red, Garden Green, K&Co Elizabeth Brownd DP
 Ink Riding Hood Red, Wild Wasabi
Accessories RHR Pleated Ribbon (un-pleated)
Tools     Big Shot, Narrow Scallop Rectangle Die, Dimensionals
Second Card Wee Project Details
Stamps Linen (ret SU); Christmas Sentiments (Purple Onion Designs)
Card stock & Papers     Sahara Sand, Riding Hood Red, Garden Green, Naturals White,  K&Co Elizabeth Brownd DP
 Ink Riding Hood Red, Sahara Sand
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Finishing Touches Edgelit, Christmas Words EF (Sissix)

16 comments:

Shelley said...

It's a very cute image and the way you treated the corners with the holly is just perfect!

Lisa Elton said...

Darling cards LeAnne! I like the corner holy and ribbon knot on the first one!

Notes by Nina said...

Both cards are fabulous LeAnne. I love the vintage style image on your first card.

Katie Melhus said...

Super fun and bright cards. That stamped image is so cute and I really love how you decorated the inside of that card!

Darlene Gabriel said...

I hope Dana had a very happy birthday. Cute picture of the shared candle blowing;)
This is definitely a sweet little scene you used on your card. I really like the second card too with the wonderful embossing folder.

Kara said...

seriously....do we need more snow!?!?! OMG! Happy Birthday to your daughter! Love the card too:)

Kristie Goulet said...

Both of your cards are great, LeAnne! Happy Birthday to your daughter!! Have a great week. Hopefully, you don't get too much more snow. We are only supposed to get 1-2 inches but I don't even want that at this point. I want spring.

Bonnie said...

What a sweet image, LeAnne! The piecing of the design is amazing! Love the paper and the fussy cut ivy too! The second card is equally great! Love that green embossed front with the bit of DP! Hope you don't get much snow this time. Will it ever end? As long as it's taken for our few inches to go away, you'll be seeing white for months!

Wendy said...

Love your vintage style card, LeAnne! That image is the cutest and I love the paper! Happy Birthday to Dana! Hope she had a great day! Yes, more snow tonight...not sure where to go with anymore!!

Karren said...

Gorgeous vintage card, LeAnne. Love that holly paper and I'm impressed with your fussy cutting!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

What a nice colorful card. The patterns in the DSP are gorgeous and your holly is just so perfect!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a fun, fun vintage image for that top card. You really made it extra special with its different colors and layers. That holly paper is fabulous. I love what you did for the second card to use up the last of it and not let it go to waste.

Karen Davis said...

Such a sweet 'yesteryear' image LeAnne. Amazing fussy cutting...WOW!
Both cards are just gorgeous.

Lesley said...

I also enjoy your vintage masterpieces! Love the photos of your girls too!

Susan Joyce said...

Really cute image LeAnne, and such a lovely vintage design.

Margaret Moody said...

A perfect pairing of your paper and image, LeAnne! Such a pretty card! Love the vintage look!