Thursday, February 13, 2014

TSTR 205 Sympathy

DSCF0923

We lost a dear, dear friend on Tuesday; he battled cancer for over twelve years.  We visited him Tuesday afternoon and got the phone call a couple hours later that he was gone.  We were happy we were able to see him and know he is resting and whole once again in the arms of his Saviour! 

My dear friend Lesley has a sketch at The Shabby Tea Room this week:

and I am always drawn to this peaceful image from Artistic Outpost for sympathy cards:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Sympathy Card Artistic Outpost

This is a pretty simple card, as Bill was a pretty straight-forward guy; he wouldn’t want any bells and whistles on his card!  The base is Sahara Sand; the image is stamped in Smoky Slate and the DPs are from Authentique.  I added a CHF Bible verse on the inside as well:

DSCF0925

We will miss Bill, but we’ll see him again!

Race cars!

DSCF0810DSCF0830

DSCF0831

DSCF0846

Enjoy your day!  We’re getting snow again…let’s hope I don’t lose power again!

12 comments:

Doris said...

Goodbyes are sad, but reunions in Heaven will be sweet.

Kara said...

so sorry for your loss

Tina M said...

I;m so sorry for your loss...your friend will never be truly gone, he lives on in your hearts and memories.

Thanks so much for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room this week

Darlene Gabriel said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of your friend Bill. What a comfort to know he is resting in the arms of his Saviour and he has claimed Matthew 11:28 as his.
Your card is a perfect peaceful one.

Lisa Elton said...

So sorry to hear of your loss LeAnne. I think this card would make Bill happy from the way you've described him. Keeping my fingers crossed that you aren't left in the cold again ;)

Ruth Ann V. said...

LeAnne, I am sorry to hear of the loss of your friend Bill. But I am glad you listened to God when he said to go visit Bill.
Hope all is well after your winter storms! I pray for you, my classmates and friends in PA and MD.
I also want to thank you for sharing the pictures of Cassidy. She is really growing.

Elaine M said...

What a beautiful card - I know the family will cherish this. How wonderful that you had that last visit with him - and how wonderful to know you'll see him again. Blessings dear friend.

lisa808 said...

So sorry.

That is a beautiful image for a sympathy card.

Karren said...

So sorry for the loss of your friend, LeAnne. Hugs. You've made a beautiful card to honor him - it's so soft and serene looking.

Bonnie said...

A perfect, serene image for a sympathy card! The card says peace! Sorry for your loss.

Colleen Dietrich said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. :(

I think that AO stamp works well for a sympathy card, too.

How did you fare with yesterday's snow? We got about 10" here in Haddon Township.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

So sorry for your loss - I'm sure the card was a fitting tribute to your friend.