Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Kraft Journal Sew-So Simple

DSCF7317

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  Just a quick little card today for The Kraft Journal’s Make it Monday challenge---Sew-So Simple.  I used some October Afternoon DP that looks like a dress pattern and added a Crumb Cake mat and tag cut with the Chalk Talk die, along with some stitching and sewing-related embellishments:

LeAnne Pugliese Wee Inklings Vintage Sewing Card

I colored the dresses with some ink and an aquapainter to add a little color, and added a couple scraps of shabby seam binding and lace, and a little banner for some interest:

DSCF7318

DSCF7319

I stopped putting buttons on my cards, unless they are paper diecut buttons, because of the additional postage, but I really wanted to add a vintage button to this, and I figured if I was going to add one, I might as well add a few, LOL!  These came from my can of buttons….I have lots & lots & lots of buttons!   The sentiment and spool are from Cornish Heritage Farms.  Thanks for looking!

Hamming it up at Grotto’s Pizzeria in Rehoboth Beach, DE!

DSCF5304

Thanks for visiting today!

12 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Lovely card - the sewing theme is fab. Cute shot of the little one too. Elizabeth xx

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

You KNOW I'll love this card, LeAnne. Every element perfectly placed and lovely! And the cheesy mug shot...oh she is a cutiepie. I love her photos!

Linda said...

Adorable card! Love the DP. I am working on a swap and the theme is dress maker. Love this stuff. So much fun!
That is the cutest little ham ever!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

this is simply sew CUTE and adorable!
ditto on the cutie, too!!!
tfs:)

Bonnie said...

Love all the buttons and snippets of ribbon! So perfect on this paper!

Bev Gomez said...

I love love love your card today and everything about it. I know isn't it expensive to mail anything with bulk on it. RIDICULOUS!

Linda Callahan said...

I love when you do sewing cards!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

OMG!! My favorite card of the year!! I love buttons on cards, but yes they are a pain in the mail!!

Karen Letchworth said...

LeAnne: This is absolutely adorable. I LOVE all things vintage and this is just wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us this week.
Karen
The Kraft Journal


P.S. I hope to see you again soon at Word Art Wednesday.

jessica said...

What a perfect card for The Kraft Journal! Love all the sewing embellishments and great card LO!
Thanks for sharing and linking this up over at The Kraft Journal!!Hope to see you play again with our brand new challenge that starts today :)
Jessica
TKJ~DT

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Congrats on your top three at the Kraft Journal!

KarenT said...

I'm searching for a card you made I think around Aug 8, and I came across this one and I chuckled! Love the Jackie "O" Patterns!lol The style was very "it" back in the day! You could make it from almost anything and it looked fabulous!lol TFS!