Wednesday, August 21, 2013

FMS100!!!

DSCF7490

Hey there, peeps!  I’ve got a special post today---it’s the 100th Freshly Made Sketches sketch and they’ve asked all the guest designers to participate!!  You can see the DT’s take on the sketch (which happens to be their very first one!) and check out the goodies they’ll be giving away!  Woohoo!  So here’s the sketch:

FMS1

And here’s my card, using some new goodies from the Holiday Mini:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings FMS100 Truly Grateful

It’s been a while since I have colored in an image, and it felt good!  This is an easy image to color…..just used my markers…..and I added a little shadow around the image with a Sahara Sand marker.

DSCF7492

I did a little sponging around the edges with Sahara Sand as well, and trimmed some burlap ribbon to fit my horizontal panel, fringed the edges and sewed it on:

DSCF7493

Finally, I thought the woodgrain panel looked a little plain, so I made a little banner from another piece of Sweater Weather and a Candy Dot for a little added interest:

DSCF7494

I love this Sweater Weather DP!  I hope you’ll play along with the Freshly Made Sketches team and help them celebrate 100 sketches!!!

Cassidy playing with her new baby doll, “Baby Rosa”!

DSCF7476
DSCF7475

Enjoy your day!

Wee Project Details
Stamps Truly Grateful, Four You
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Tangerine Tango, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Sweather Weather DP, Natural Composition Specialty Paper
 Ink Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand
Accessories Burlap Ribbon, Candy Dots
Tools     So Saffron, Tangerine Tango & Sahara Sand Markers, Sponge Daubers, Oval Nesties, Dimensionals, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Sewing Machine

22 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful card LeAnne, so warm and cozy!

Linda Callahan said...

So glad you are helping us celebrate! And wowza this card is gorgeous! So beautifully fall!

*Vicki* said...

Gorgeous design LeAnne!! Love that burlap! :)

Bev Gomez said...

WOW what a pretty card LeAnne, Love it and I love that Sweater Weather DSP also and also Cassidy's pic is darling too.

Linda said...

OH it is so sweet how she loves her babies.
Your card is really sweet. I just love fall. That burlap is perfect. I really love the what you did with the sketch.

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card LeAnne, I love these papers and colours.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Cassidy is taking such good care of her baby Rosa.
I love your Fall card. This paper and the the wheat bundle are wonderful. I love the touch of burlap too. The colours you've used add to the warm cozy 'feel' of this beautiful card.

Marisa said...

Fabulous fall card and use of the sketch!!

Lesley said...

Love that sweater weather paper! YUM! Great colouring and card, LeAnne!!

Jen Timko said...

Oh how I love this LeAnne! Every single detail!! Pinned, as usual. So happy you came back to join us this week!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

gorgeous card in the fall colors.. so pretty and look at that little one getting so big.

Amy O said...

This is beautiful, LeAnne! I love the mix of colors and dsp. And your coloring is so pretty -- I'll have to try shading with a Sahara Sand marker.

Frenchie said...

ooh yes, love that card !! colors are vary pretty together !!
and that new baby is sure pretty too !!
hugs too both of you ,

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful fall card LeAnne great take of the sketch! Sorry but you must be aware that Cassidy steals the show whenever a post has a picture of her in it!!

Jen Mitchell said...

Beautiful colors, beautiful coloring. I love the texture from the bit of burlap ribbon. Won't be long now before fall is here! So glad you are joining us for our 100th sketch!!

Sandra Azzopardi said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! I can't believe how big Cssidy has gotten since I last checked in on your blog! I hope she had a very happy 3rd birthday!

Cindy Hall said...

Wow, LeAnne! What a truly special card! I love the way you colored the image and added shadowing. I have never seen it look so lovely. All the details are perfection, and I, too, love the Sweater Weather DSP, especially the "knitted" piece that you've used. Thanks so much for being part of our celebration this week!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh my this is just lovely! What a gorgeous colour combo and your colouring brings your image to life! Thanks for joining us for the 100th sketch challenge at FMS!

Kara said...

beautiful....gorgeous colors!

Linda Suarez said...

This is such a gorgeous card! I love the DSP and Fall colors! Thanks for helping us to celebrate this special challenge!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Just gorgeous, LeAnne! I love the rich fall colors and rustic feel to your card. I just got this stamp set and you have really inspired me to ink it up. :)

Mary Hogenmiller said...

Lovely! I've been wanting to shade in the wheat. It's looks MAAAAVAlous. Great card!