Sunday, August 11, 2013

Paper Players 158

DSCF7296-001

Happy Sunday, peeps!  It’s going to be a glorious day here in PA, and I think we’ll spend some time today on the sailboat!  But first, let’s take a peek at Sandy’s first Paper Players challenge:

Yummy, aren’t they?  I was feeling a bit rebellious, and figuring that most of the designers would go for florals, because these are lovely colors for florals, so I decided to go for a grungy/washi look:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players  158 Tape It

I had originally begun with a CAS sketch but it sort of got away from me!  I stamped various washi images from Tape it along the left, added some splatters & lines from Gorgeous Grunge and finished it off with a couple of sentiments. 

DSCF7295

And since I had my Sharpies on my desk from yesterday’s card, I colored up some rhinestones and added them on too!

DSCF7297

So, now what will you do with these summery, sherbet-y colors?  Be sure to share your creation with us at the Paper Players blog, and check out the design team’s creations as well!

Cassidy playing Grampy’s “trumpet”:

DSCF7190

Hmmm….can it be played this way?

DSCF7196

You can add your own caption to this one!

DSCF7210

Enjoy your day!

17 comments:

cm said...

Hi LeAnne: thanks for your day-brightening comment on my blog! Your card here certainly showcases those lovely sherbet-y colours wonderfully, and what a unique take! Yes, I would have been reaching for floral stamps, but with this as inspiration, I'm certainly planning to think of other choices, as you did! Gorgeous!
c

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love the sequins, the splatter and that last photo of Cassidy!

Anonymous said...

So cool and quite awesome LeAnne! I love you CAS gone grunge card! Enjoy your nice weather today! :-)

Linda Callahan said...

You are not retro cool.......you are so with it cool! This is so modern and "on trend".......love everything about it!

Anonymous said...

I'm really liking the grunge look. Great card.

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your grungey side LeAnne! Loveo that sassy face too.

Mary Hogenmiller said...

How FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!
Both of these sets are sitting on my desk to use. Thanks for the motivation and inspiration!

lisa808 said...

Love your 'grungy' look. Gorgeous Grunge is one of my favorite sets from the new catalog.

Lisa Elton said...

FUN FUN card you little rebel!! Love the grunge look and your design. And you tiny pied piper is too cute for words!!

Kristi said...

LeAnne,
Your card is way cool! Are tose washi stamps or actual washi tape? Love the look!

stampwithsandy said...

Love what you did with my colors, LeAnne! These washi tape stamps have been on my "maybe" wish list for a while and it's fun to see how you used them. The little colored rhinestones are the perfect embellishment!

Kara said...

super cool..love it!

Bonnie said...

What a fun way to use these colors! Refreshing!

Basement Stamper said...

I love the washi tape look!!!

Rita W said...

Fabulous card my friend! I love this set and haven't inked it up nearly enough. Now I love that font on your sentiment so much that I'm going to have to stick that set on my wishlist. Blog surfing is expensive! ;)

Cassidy cracks me up!

Jaydee said...

Gorgeous, LeAnne. my favorite card this week. I love how you were so reserved with the use of gorgeous grunge... just the right amount of splatter and those rhinestones are the perfect finishing touch.
gorgeous pics of Cassidy... and happy birthday to her, too!
hugs
jaydee

Colleen Dietrich said...

Something about this trumpet reminds me of Dr. Seuss!