Sunday, August 4, 2013

Paper Players 157

DSCF7019

Hey peeps!  It’s Sunday, and that means Paper Players time!  This week, Anne Marie has a fun challenge for us:
What to do, what to do?  Fall is probably my favorite season, so there were lots of ideas swirling in my head, but my time was limited!  I just got the Perfect Pennants die through my Great Rewards redemption, so I thought I would use the pennants to make a fall banner:

Paper Players 157 LeAnne Pugliese Fall Banner

It’s always a challenge to photograph large projects like this!  The main banners are cut from Tangerine Tango and embossed with the Woodgrain EF.  I added layers of the DP from the Sweater Weather pack, then stamped the Morning Post Alphabet in Early Espresso and added some mats in Early Espresso and Sahara Sand.  A few leaves diecut from the same DP using the Autumn Accents die were placed strategically along my burlap trim.  All the elements were adhered with brads for easy placement.  Finally, I added “happy”, using A Fitting Occasion and A Dozen Thoughts.  Here’s a little closer view:

DSCF7011

I wish you could get a better look at this…sorry!  If you have any questions, please feel free to email me!  I am happy with the results of this….it was fun to make and since I have it in full view on the mantel,  I heard Cassidy spelling out the letters to John, and he was telling her what it spelled!!!

Now, I hope this, as well as the wonderful projects the other designers created this week, will inspire you to make a fall-themed project!  And speaking of other designers, we are thrilled to have Sandy Mathis joining us on our team!  She is a sweetie and is consistently challenging me as she raises the creative bar for our team!  Check out all the designs at the Paper Players blog!

I got Cassidy water colors for her second birthday, but she wasn’t quite ready.  She is LOVING it now!  She asks to paint a couple times a day!

DSCF6912
DSCF6933
DSCF6917

Enjoy your day!

Wee Project Details
Stamps Morning Post Alphabet, Truly Grateful, Itty Bitty Bits, A Fitting Occasion, A Dozen Thoughts
Card stock & Papers     Tangerine Tango, Sahara Sand, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Sweater Weather DP
 Ink Tangerine Tango, Sahara Sand, Early Espresso
Accessories 7/8" Burlap Trim, Brads
Tools     Woodgrain & Perfect Polka Dots EF; Perfect Pennants Die, Autumn Accents Die, 1 3/8 Circle Punch, Circle Framelits, Crimper, Sponge Daubers, Curly Label Punch, Big Shot

12 comments:

Kara said...

lovely fall banner!

Linda said...

I just love the beautiful concentration on Cassidy's face. So sweet!
Fun Banner! I can just imagine there will be a lot of wonderful things being made with that die set.

Mary Hogenmiller said...

Love the Fall banner! I'm waiting for supplies to make one. LOVE how you tucked the little tag in and used the ribbon for stringing. Fun decor to leave up for awhile!

Mary Hogenmiller said...

Love the Fall banner! Waiting on supplies for mine. You are making me impatient. This is so cute! The little tag insert is such a fun touch. Also like the way you used the ribbon and brads to attach things.

Pursuit of Stampiness - Calgary, Canada said...

dear LeAnne, this is gorgeous! Wowsy.. The details and colours are so pretty and fall-y :)

Pss: I am so glad were still in the middle of summer :)

Inky hugs, Pauline

Ann Schach said...

Such a fun and festive banner, LeAnne! I think I might have to take a cue from you, and make one,too! You are always so creative!

stampwithsandy said...

Love your banner, LeAnne! I could use a banner for Thanksgiving, too. And thank you for your warm welcome! Hugs :) Sandy

Lisa Elton said...

Your fall banner is delightful LeAnne!! And look at your little budding artist, so cute!

Anonymous said...

You captured the full fall beauty of this banner wonderfully, LeAnne. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! I have the Pennant as well from Rewards and wanted to do something that wasn't 800 letters long...this is absoutely perfect! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us;)

MarvA1ix said...

Very pretty banner for fall. My friend and I were just talking about making banners today while we were stamping together. I just think they are so sweet to make. I just love all the little details you added.

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, love the banner and I love the texture on the leaves. I think I have "fall"-en in love with your banner! Sorry, couldn't resist it!

As for Cassidy.... I love the look of complete concentration on her sweet little face.
Hugs
Jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

LeAnne, your banner is gorgeous! So much detail and I bet it looks gorgeous on your mantle. Is is getting to be fall weather up there yet. We are on day 23 of over 100 degree temps down here. *sigh* I need to come visit you. Cassidy looks like she is having a blast with her paints, too. :)