Tuesday, August 20, 2013

ColourQ 203

DSCF7486

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  Arielle has a fun inspiration photo for us today:



Love this cool jungle design!  In fact, it reminded me a wee bit of a gift bag my DD just gave me from Bath & Body Works:

DSCF7489

I had been wanted to make something based on these cool images, so I sort of “combined” the inspiration photos, using the colors from Arielle and the owls and flowers from my bag:

LeAnne Pugliese CQC203 WeeInklings

With all I seem to have going on this week, I really wanted to search my stash for some larger flowers, but I just ended up using the first set I could find!  I made my own DP using the challenge colors, added a very simple punched owl since I didn’t have an owl stamp (he kinda looks like he is floating on that tree branch, doesn’t he?), and blinged everything up a wee bit with some rhinestones:

DSCF7487

The eyes are Candy Dots; everything else is pretty simple!  Now….what you can you create with these colors?  Or maybe those primitive frog and leaf images will inspire you?!  Can’t wait to see what you make…share it with us at the ColourQ blog so we ALL can see it!  And be sure to check out what the other designers came up with as well….we’ve got a new Courtier this week—check it out!

Cassidy couldn’t wait to run a “race” with my nephew Bradley on Grampy’s new concrete garage floor!  Here, she’s giving him “instructions”:

DSCF7394
Ready, set go!
DSCF7391
DSCF7392

He’s such a good sport!  Enjoy your day!

Wee Project Details
Stamps Short & Sweet (ret); Acts of Kindness, There She Goes Stamps
Card stock & Papers     WW, Lucky Limeade, Pacific Point, Island Indigo, Early Espresso
 Ink Lucky Limeade, Pacific Point, Island Indigo, Early Espresso
Accessories Rhinestones
Tools     Owl Punch

11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute bag and you recreated it so well! Fun colors this week! I can just hear Cassidy's little bare feet running on the new concrete. Love the last photo ;)

stampwithsandy said...

What great colors and what a cute card! I love owls! You're inspiring me to dust off my owl punch, too.

Kara said...

adorable!

Linda said...

Love the Card! That owl punch is so useful. The colors are great!
And Bradley let her win too. Right? LOL so cute.
TFS
Hugs,
Linda

lisa808 said...

Love how your cute card matches the fun gift bag.

dpkennedy said...

This is stinkin' adorable LeAnne! I love the colors and the owl on top of the tree looks great! I love the gift bag too!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Woohoo look at Cassidy go. I'm guessing she won the race? ;)
Cute owl bag. I love the card you made. The colours are wonderful. I haven't used my owl punch for ages....maybe it's time to pull it out again;) Love the DP you've created. Great idea to use the candy dots for eyes.

Denise Willerton said...

Super sweet card LeAnne ~ love that little owl and these colours...wow!!! and that race just looks like SO much fun! Great shots my friend :-)

Julia Aston said...

what a great card from both inspirations LeAnne! The colors are wonderful - and your owl is SO cute (along with Cassidy!!)

Scrappy Géri said...

Love that card!!! :)

jengd said...

Cute card! And what a great sport your nephew is!