Thursday, August 15, 2013

FMS99

DSCF7360

Happy Thursday, everyone!  What a gorgeous day we had yesterday! I am afraid we are having our September in August……and we might have our August in September, yikes!  Anyway, August 17 is rolling around…and that is Cassidy’s third birthday!  So when I saw Rita’s lovely sketch for the Freshly Made Sketches this week, I knew I would use it to make my wee DGD’s card!  First, here’s the sketch:
Ah, she had me when I saw the three circles!  I used images from A Fitting Occasion, and since they are small, I made my card notecard sized:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings FMS99 A Fitting Occasion Birthday Stampin Up

Cassidy will be the first one to tell you that her favorite color is GREEN!  So Grammy made sure there was some green in here, along with some other yummy colors:

DSCF7361
DSCF7362
DSCF7363

I think cutting out those three candles is the tiniest fussy-cutting I’ve ever done!  And then the inside:

DSCF7365

Oh my, how can she be three already?!  Here are some pictures of her eating a mini cupcake from a week or so ago….not her birthday cupcakes, but another batch I made.  Needless to say, eating a cupcake to Cassidy means just eating the frosting….a girl after my own heart!

DSCF5350
DSCF5349
DSCF5352
DSCF5355

Enjoy your day!

Wee Project Details
Stamps A Fitting Occasion, Pennant Parade, Short & Sweet (retired)
Card stock & Papers     White Note Card, Melon Mambo, Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana, Lucky Limeade, Lime Twist Life of the Party, MME DP
 Ink Melon Mambo, Coastal Cabana, Lucky Limeade
Accessories Spica Glitter Pen
Tools     Big Shot, 1 1/4" Scallop Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Curly Label Punch, Timeless Type Dies, Dimensionals

15 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I think your soon to be three year old princess will like her cute cupcake card!!

*Vicki* said...

Wow! So yummy with the cupcake papers LeAnne! I love making cupcakes and your little one looks like she likes to eat them! LOL!! :) TFS!

Doris said...

Happy Birthday, Cassidy! What a fun age, and the same day as my dad who will be 95!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

So Darn Cute! I just ordered this set today! I am actually getting it for free!! Yeah!
Happy Birthday Cassidy! I just love how she has grown up on your blog!

Linda Callahan said...

Three already! She is so darn cute.....and so is her card!

Kara said...

Cupcakes!! So cute..love that paper!

Rita W said...

I totally thought about you when I looked at my sketch. I knew you'd enjoy it. :) The power of three, right?! I hope 3 is a great year for your sweet Cassidy. Her card is so fun and cute!

Bev Gomez said...

Oh so cute and I really love that smile on Cassidy's face and your card is darling. I plan to do this sketch too.
Have a great day, I am off to do apples.

Amy O said...

This is adorable, LeAnne! I love the fun, happy dsp and colors. Three is such a fun age!

Jackie said...

Cassidy and I share the same birthday, sure wish I was turning 3 instead of ?2! Happiest Birthday wishes for that special little one!
Jackie

Carol L said...

Every time I see a sketch with a trio of panels, I think of you :) Cassidy will love her cute card, and I can hardly believe she's going to be 3! That went much too fast!

Linda said...

Oh funny I rip the cupcake apart and put the frosting in the middle so I have cake and frosting all at once. LOL She is so sweet and 3 wow were does the time go!
Love the cupcake card. Really yummy!

Darlene Gabriel said...

I can't believe Cassidy is going to be 3 yrs old already. She looks like she is really enjoying those cupcakes. Will she be having cupcakes for her birthday too?
She is going to love her birthday card. Those 3 fun panels and that adorable cupcake paper plus all the green.....you've covered it all;)
I have been so busy I've hardly had a chance to breathe so I've really been negligent in my commenting - sorry.

Renee said...

I can't believe she's 3 already!! Time goes by so fast! My grandson is 2 today. It seems like just yesterday these little ones were born!

I love the card you made for her :)
Happy Birthday Cassidy!

Linda Suarez said...

Okay, now I want a cupcake! That is one awesome yummy cupcake card LeAnne! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!