Sunday, July 1, 2012

Paper Players 102 – Christmas in July

 

 DSCF5166

Hey everyone!  It’s Sunday and that means another Paper Players challenge!  This one should cool you off a bit—Ann has chosen Christmas in July as her theme!

As soon as I saw this, I thought of the rub-ons I had bought from SU’s Clearance Rack!  Ever since my friend Carol used some rub-ons on her card here, they have been calling me! And I LOVE to make Christmas cards, so here ya go:

PP102-LeAnne

I wanted to give Santa some color, so I used vellum and adhered the rub-on on to that, then colored on the back of it with a marker.  You can’t see it, but he has lots of sparklies on his beard:

DSCF5167

I added some stitching to my DP and a nice shabby ribbon, because this is also for the Jingle Belles challenge, which is to make a vintage Christmas card, and I used the sketch 137 from Pals Paper Arts:

PPA137

Squeezed those images on there---I should have made my card a bit bigger!!  Anyway, be sure to check out what all the other Paper Players designers came up with – we have four new designers sharing their talent with us for the next six months!  So glad to have them; you can peek at who they are on the Paper Players blog!

Puddle walking after a big rain!

529401_10151206552637646_942637445_n

556003_10151206549607646_2105176657_n

20 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

First off I have to say that I love your card. The richness of the colors with that Santa image and gorgeous ribbon. WOWZA

Second, looks like Cassidy was having a great time walking in the puddles. I taught Micah when you see water like that you have to jump and stomp in it. He loves it, his Mom...not so much.

Linda said...

What a fun card. Love the Santa. So you color on the back. I have to give that a try.
That is the coolest picture of Cassidy and her dad. I love the reflections in the water and the way he is on the lookout for a fall. It would make a great fathers day card next year and when she is 21.

lauren bergold said...

what an absolutely ♥STUNNING♥ and beautiful vintage style holiday card! every single element is perfectly chosen & placed... and the end result is even more than the sum of it's (gorgeous!) parts! totally lovely! ♥

Ann Schach said...

Yowza, LeAnne! Your vellum Santa is tinted to perfection! Such a beautiful card!

Patti said...

Love this card. Your Santa is terrific and colored perfectly. I can see a little sparkle at the bottom of his beard. It must really stand out in real life.

Denise Marzec said...

So beautiful! LOVE that crumpled ribbon!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Ok, I clearly need to get some of those rub-ons, STAT! Wowza! This is stunning, LeAnne! I especially love the vellum santa...soooo soft and vintage. Your bow just makes me happy! It's so fluffy!! (Did you see that movie Despicable Me?) I love everything about this one...as a matter of fact, if you want to send it to me for Christmas this year, I will gladly accept it...and probably frame it. :) Haha!

What is all of that wet stuff on the ground in your photos? Geez, I'm so jealous! We need rain so badly and although had a tiny "shower" today, it dried up in 15 minutes. Love your photos!

H2 :) said...

Beautiful vintage card LeAnne. The crumpled seam binding is gorgeous & I love how you have treated Santa. :)

Linda Callahan said...

I love rub-ons! Your Santa is quite handsome and oh so festive with his sparkly beard! That smooshy ribbon is terrific! And you do have a water baby on your hands!

SmilynStef said...

Very clever idea with the rub-on and vellum ... the touch of color is perfection ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my! I want to jump in a puddle right now! LOL! Love the pictures you've shared...she's darling!

Your card is fabulous too! I haven't used rub ons in a long time and I should because they don't stay sticky forever. Thank you for inspiring me!!!

Linda Brun said...

A beautiful vintage xmas card!

Amy White said...

I just LOVE that dsp you've used - so perfect for a Vintage Christmas card, and the combination of Santa and sentiment works perfectly. Loving that scrunchy Cherry Cobler seam binding too..!

Terry said...

The ribbon on your card is the BEST! The puddles photo is beautiful. It evokes so much emotion. TFS!

Terry
http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com

dpkennedy said...

I LOVE the vellum Santa! Fabulous card!

Debbie said...

Very pretty! I love the dp and crinkled ribbon!

Pia S said...

What a gorgeous combination of colors! Everything works so well together. I love the paper and ribbon. Lovely work!

jaydee said...

LeAnne, Santa makes me happy! I love his rosy red cheeks and his sparkly beard. Now, this card makes me happy... but not as happy as the puddle walking photos!
Hugs
Jaydee

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, LeAnne! Just spied this over at the PP blog, and had to come tell you how cute it is! Even though, I know that, at a week old, it's already an "old" card! ;) LOVE that fabulous rub on and that bow, love the colors too :)

Barbara said...

A wonderful card! Love the wrinkle ribbon. And feel like puddle walking myself...