Monday, July 23, 2012

SCH21 Vintage Baseball

DSCF5609

Happy Monday!  It’s VBS week so I doubt I’ll have too much time for stamping/blogging this week!   I did have a fun time over the weekend making this vintage card for Sugar Creek Hollow’s challenge 21, which is all about sports.  I rummaged around in my digi image file and found some old baseball card images, I believe from the Graphics Fairy, to make my creation:

 DSCF5607

I pulled out some Basic Grey scraps, printed off a cool vintage baseball cap image from the net,  and stamped some miscellaneous Americana images, as I really have NO sports stamps:

DSCF5609-001

and I even made a little baseball player chipboard piece, printing him on some DP and mounting him on three pieces of cardboard, coloring the edges with a black marker:

 DSCF5608

Oh boy, this was fun to make….a bit time-consuming to figure out what to put where, but it’s nice to have a masculine card on hand for a birthday!

DSCF5604

Enjoy your day and be sure to come back tomorrow to see the ColourQ challenge!!!

8 comments:

Carol L said...

You do vintage SO well! I love everything about this masculine beauty! Speaking of beauty - I love the photo of Cassidy - so sweet!

Katherine said...

I love to visit your site for inspiration and THANK YOU so much for the great sites to visit- like Graphics Fairy!

jengd said...

GREAT card! Love the vintage baseball card clips on it!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fun card LeAnne, love the vintage theme.

Anonymous said...

what a great idea to use the baseball cards, wonderful card it reminds me of my dad!! he had a box filled with those cards, thanks for joining in at sugar creek hollow this week what a treat to see your work

Heather said...

Fabulous Card LeAnne!! Perfect for our challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow! Thank you so much for sharing with us! LOVE how you used the hat image and the baseball images!! Wonderfully done!
Hugs!!

Unknown said...

omigosh! So SOOOOOO cool! I love that you printed all these out, too, that would never occur to me! Love that you "built" the little chipboard player, too:) Hope you are having a good week so far. Cassidy looks so "little girl" and not so much "baby" in this one. Her hair is so pretty! :)

Holly Young said...

fantastic vintage sorts card! Perfect for our challenge this week!

thanks for joining us at SCH this week!

Holly SCH DT