Monday, July 30, 2012

SCCC35 and SCH22

 DSCF5719

Happy Monday, peeps!  I survived the weekend with this nasty summer cold, I hope no one else out there is suffering from it…DH is still down & out!  I mustered some strength to make some Christmas cards after seeing the Weekly Christmas Card Challenge #35 – No Stamping; and the Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge 22, which was to make a shabby, vintage Christmas card!  Comin’ right up!

I mixed up some vintage Christmas papers with a Santa chipboard tag for this card:

DSCF5718

Since there was no stamping, the hardest part was (after choosing papers!) making the shabby bow and glittering up my little greenery:

 DSCF5720

And since I already had the papers out, I made another one with the leftovers, and just added a little scalloped border and a vintage sticker:

 DSCF5716

I snipped out the bottom part of the fishtail banner and brought it to the top!

DSCF5715

What fun cards to create and now I have two more for my stash!  Have a great Monday, and be sure to stop back for tomorrow’s ColourQ!

Building a tower is serious business!

DSCF5649 DSCF5652

15 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Wow, those cards are amazing. My absolute favorite is the first one with that big lush bow and that wonderful Santa.

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Absolutely beautiful! I am curious...I love the shabby bow but I've not been successful in creating one. Any chance you could give a little tutorial or instruction for those of us who are a bit inept at the technique? I just love yours and the look is perfect on this card.

jengd said...

Great cards LeAnne! I esp. like that first one- great colors, patterns, picture, greenery and the bow... wow!

Denise Willerton said...

this bow is absolutely STUNNING LeAnne ~ love your cards ~ great building Cassidy...oh you can here those wheels a turnin!

dpkennedy said...

Sweet Vintage Christmas card! Love the fishtail banners!

Tracey McNeely said...

Both cards are fantastic LeAnne. Love the sentiment on the second card.

Danielle Vincent said...

Wow LeAnne you make the most beautiful scrunchy bows!! Can you teach me how to do that? Love this card with the Santa and bow - beautiful "no stamping" card!

Ju Budant said...

Wow, absolutely beautiful card! I love the colors and this Santa is veeery cute!

Renee said...

These are sooooo gorgeous!! Love them!

Linda said...

Gorgeous! I love love love vintage and these are amazing!
That is so cute how she is putting the big one on top. So smart to get down there and look at it.
So sorry to hear about the cold. Did you get to the card expo? I hope you are feeling better soon.

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Girl... If I had a top 10 list of my all time favorite cards on my blog this card would be on it! Love the Santa image and how Vintage it looks. I have a friend that goes to junk stores to find old vintage Christmas cards and gives them out everyear.. it makes me think of her.

Hugs
Shirley Pumpkin

Heather said...

Gorgeous Christmas cards! I love the seambinding bow with the aqua center!! Beautiful colors, and fabby image! Thank you for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week!!
Hugs
Heather

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Beautiful beautiful card! So bright and cheery yet still vintage / shabby! love it! Thank you for linking up and playing along with us this week at Christmas Card Challenges :)

Anonymous said...

your cards are just amazing all so lovely i just love the papers and the images, great design as well thanks for joining us this week at sugar creek hollow

Renee Matarese said...

That paper is so pretty! I love the red sheet music. Loving that big cream bow too! Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week.
Renee