Tuesday, July 24, 2012

CQC147

 DSCF5624

Happy Tuesday, little fishies!  Look at this SWEET inspiration Arielle has for us all today at the ColourQ:

cqc147

Man, I wish I had some fishy stamps!!  Isn’t this adorable!  I had to make do with a little tiny fish stamp from PTI’s Tiny Treats Valentine set:

DSCF5623

I colored them with Copics, added a little sparkle here and there, and used SU’s new Fancy Fan embossing folder for the background.  My layout is based loosely on the iSpy Sketches sketch for this week:

And I had to make just one little fish march to the beat of a different drum:

 DSCF5625

I just LOVE the combo….I wish I had time to make a few more cards with it, and I hope you love it enough to participate with the other CQC designers!  Be sure to pop over to the ColourQ blog to play along, see the samples, and see who Arielle added to the design team!  SO excited to have her with us! 

I think I have a little monkey on my hands:

DSCF5611

DSCF5613

16 comments:

Joan said...

Thanks for your cute ideas. I just got a stamp set from "Stamps of Life" that has a swimming turtle. It would fit so well into this design. Your designs fit my style of card making, so thanks much! And as I have been babysitting my almost 3 granddaughter, I sooo look forward to seeing the pictures and "antics" of yours--truly a blessing!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my gosh LeAnne those fishies are so so cute. Love your design!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Cute card Leanne and I love that one little fish "swimming to the beat of a different drum" ;)
I'm really liking all I see of this new embossing folder too. Fun sparkles on the the waves too.
Sweet pictures of Cassidy again:)

Marisa said...

This is soooo cute, LeAnne!! Love the jumping fish :) Great double challenge card!

Sylvia said...

Such a fun card, LeAnne, love all your fishes! and of course I know you are glad to have a certain monkey back at home! She is beautiful as ever! Have a wonderful day.

Vickie Z said...

Love all your fish, even the "rouge" one!! Monkey is adorable too!! Thanks for playing at I Spy!

Denise Willerton said...

This card is absolutely adorable as is your little monkey!!! Enjoy your evening LeAnne :-)

Jen Mitchell said...

I love that little fishy swimming to his own tune! And the sparkly waves are adorable!

Carol L said...

There must be fish fever going around! It caught both of us :) So cute!!

Linda said...

Oh my goodness this whole post is adorable from the card to the kid. LOL

Pam~ said...

This is a cute and fun card! I like the sparkle on the waves...I'm ready to swim with the fish! Your little monkey is darling and the pictures always make me smile! I can tell Cassidy brings so much joy into your lives!

Colleen Dietrich said...

SUPER cute fishies! Love the one popping out of the water.

Queen Mary said...

Really cute card - and cute inspiration for the color challenge! As for the peanut -- my first thought was of a Marine in the making! Higher degree of difficulty in the push-ups! (I wonder what that says about me!) LOL

Kim Teasdale said...

Totally adorable and I love the fish that dared to be different from his school :D Thanks so much for playing along with us at iSpy Sketches!

Teresa Zuehls said...

Congrats on your win!! What a cute fish card and take on the sketch. Love the hearts and the jumping fish and the sparkling water. TFS

Anne Marie Hile said...

Cassidy is almost wearing the challenge colors....which are gorgeous by the way! I love, love, LOVE everything about this fun card, LeAnne! Too cute! :)