Tuesday, July 17, 2012

ColourQ 146 On the Farm

  DSCF5434-001 

Hey peeps!  It’s Tuesday and that means ColourQArielle has chosen an inspiration with an Asian theme:

cqc146

Yikes, I don’t have anything remotely resembling these images, so I opted to just use the colors and a couple of farm-related sets from PTI and Artistic Outpost:

CQC146-LeAnne

Everything is pretty straightforward….I popped up the little barn and circular emblem, stitched on some buttons, stamped my woodgrain and animals in white and added some barbed wire and checked border!

DSCF5433

I added some stamping on the inside too! 

DSCF5434

This is going to my BIL for his upcoming birthday!  If you have any questions about products or techniques, be sure to shoot me an email!  Meanwhile, stop on over at the ColourQ blog to see what the other designers created.  It always amazes me how one photo inspires so many different beautiful creations!  We want to see what you do with this inspiration as well, so be sure to share it with us too!

Speaking of critters, yesterday, coming back up through our yard from the garden, I realized I had walked right past this:

 DSCF5451

It was a small snapping turtle; we see them almost every spring, but it is pretty late in the season for them to be walking from the creek behind our house to the swampy area in front of our house!  I told John to bring Cassidy out….her comment was (as it is to everything these days) “I don’t like it”!

DSCF5452

John poked it a little with a stick, and it did something I have never seen a turtle do---it stretched its legs and lifted its shell up several inches off the ground—maybe a fight mechanism:

 DSCF5457

Cassidy then decided it was okay to look at it, but from afar:

DSCF5462 DSCF5463

Within a few minutes, it had walked past our house and began its descent down our front yard hill to the swamp!  Ahhh, life in the country!  Have a blessed day!

8 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Oh LeAnne, I love your card and it makes me wish I would of bought that set of stamps.
I totally agree with Cassidy. Me no likey either.

Linda Callahan said...

I might have to add another stamping to my trio with this beauty! And it is perfect with your pictures! I love the country! I grew up with lots of space and I still miss it. My yard is the size of a postage stamp - bleah!

Marisa said...

Fabulous take with the colours, LeAnne! Such a fun farm themed card :) That snapping turtle is quite something! We are watching some friends ducks and chickens and today when we were there they/we got swooped by a bald eagle! Nature at its finest LOL!

Linda said...

LeAnne, I absolutely love this card. I like the choice of paper, colors and embellishments. Thanks for sharing.

Linda D.

Linda said...

OH I think snapping turtles are so strange and they look prehistoric.
It is a strange year for animals. We just saw the baby Loons for the first time this summer. We didn't think they had any again this year.
Love your Asian farm card. LOL if you would have had a yack stamp it would have been perfect. LOL

Monika/Buzsy said...

Awesome card LeAnne. Love how you used the colors. The images look great! I have this set, but haven't used it yet... I will pin this for inspiration! :o)

Andrea W said...

Farmtastic card! I LOVE your card. I grew up on a farm and miss it daily. Your stamping and layout are perfect.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Leanne... I LOVE this card. I did buy the dies, but not the stamps! What's up with that!
Love the little one with the turtle! Too sweet. hugs.