Sunday, July 22, 2012

Paper Players 105

  DSCF5597

Happy Sunday, peeps!  It’s time for another Paper Players challenge, with Jaydee as our lovely hostess.  She’s got a fabulous, clean, easy sketch for us today!  What do you think:

Since I still had my Birds of a Feather DP on my desk from yesterday’s card, I challenged myself to use a pattern from it that I would not normally use.  I LOVE birds, but quails haven’t quite reached my favorite list.  They don’t come to my feeder, I’ve never seen one in real life….you get my drift.  But these little ones were kind of cute, so I paired it with a couple other sets as well as some Patterned Neutral DP, to make this:

DSCF5596

Let’s see…..I used mats of Summer Starfruit and Island Indigo; the sentiment is from Blessings from Heaven (what a wonderful set!); the leaves are from Summer Silhouettes; and the circular image is from Decorate A Daisy!  I layered that above a naked chipboard flower, just coloring it softly with some Crumb Cake ink along the edges.  A little snippet of ribbon tied with some linen thread and a pearl-embellished heart I had laying on my desk finished it off. 

 DSCF5598

I also made this card using the little scrap I “tested” my leaves on…..do you ever do that, use a scrap of paper to try out what a color or stamp will look like before you actually make your final creation?  It just looked so serene, so after stamping the floral image and a sentiment, I added it to a note-card sized card in Bashful Blue, which has been sadly neglected since Baja Breeze made the scene:

DSCF5599

Love it!  Now lets see what you can do with Jaydee’s sketch!  Flit on over to the Paper Players blog where you will be able to see the fabulous creations of the designers for this week!  Hope to see you there too!

Feeling just a tad bit better (and jumping on Grammy’s couch---which is really a no-no!):

DSCF5568

12 comments:

Judith said...

Blessings from Heaven---perfect to use along with a picture of Cassidy. So glad she is feeling a bit better.

Happy Sunday. Have a blessed day.

Dawn Easton said...

LOVE these cards, Leanne! The way you layered all those images on to your panel....fantastic!!! Your second card is so peaceful. Wonderful use of what you probably intended as scrap. How could you throw that wonderful creation away, right? Glad you put something together with it! Turned out beautifully!

Your granddaughter is such a cutie. Fabulous job capturing that moment!!

Nance Leedy said...

Love these LeAnne! Summer Starfruit and Island Indigo ROCK together. Love your friend sentiment with the quails--they're a flock of friends! What a beauty your "scrap" turned into and Cassidy, well, she just gets cuter and cuter! ((hugs))

Darlene Gabriel said...

What a pretty card. I agree about the quails but this paper is cute. Wonderful sentiment and I do like your circular embellishment you created. This looks like a great go-to sketch......I should try it too. Great way to use that "test" scrap of DP. Very soft and pretty card.
I'm so glad to see Cassidy is back to herself (even though she is jumping on the couch) she looks so adorable doing it;)

Amy White said...

I love how you've stamped on the neutral dsp - looks FAB!! That sweet little heart with the pearl is such a great finishing touch!

Tracey McNeely said...

So much talent LeAnne, seriously. Love little curly locks!

Anonymous said...

I loved your card. If you lived in rural Northern California, as I do, you would adore quail birds! They are so adorable, often with several cute little babies tagging along in a straight line behind Momma Quail. I'm always afraid I might run them over as they cross the road, because they seem to fly up just a little in emergencies.

Linda said...

OH what a fun picture. They are so cute when they are doing what they are not suppose to. LOL
Love your cards and yes I do test things out but it don't turn in to a wonderful card like yours. LOL

Gisela said...

This is a very cute card LeAnne. Love the colors, the layering and the round sentiment. Cassidy is getting so big.

Andrea W said...

FABulous details on your sketch card. Love it!

H2 :) said...

Absolutely love the styling of your card LeAnne, with the DSP having a white base & both sentiment panels having a dark base - looks awesome. I haven't come across a quail either, but they look really cute in these colours! Your "scrap" card is beautiful too - so serene...
Fabulous action shot of Cassidy, obviously she is feeling much better! :)

Terry said...

I love this card! That paper is so sweet. And I love the photos of Cassidy. She's getting to be quite the big girl!