Saturday, July 21, 2012

FMS44 Sweet Baby

 DSCF5585

When I first saw the Freshly Made Sketches sketch from Jen for this week, I thought “No way!”  

Even now, I realize I did not put the sentiment in the right place!!!  Oh dear, what a mess I am!  Anyway, since I needed a baby congrats card, I pulled out some of the Birds of a Feather DP from my recent DP share and went to work:

 DSCF5586

I know the proportions of my circles are a little off….but I am going with it!  I cut out one of the little birds from the DP to carry the banner from Itty Bitty Banners, and I added a little Raspberry Ripple heart under a clear button atop a chevron-embossed circular panel.  Even though it’s for a little boy, I think it’s okay to have that little bit of raspberry in there too…..hope the mom agrees!

DSCF5587

Cassidy was sick yesterday---I will spare you the details, but suffice it to say, we both needed baths and a change of clothes in the middle of the day.   There is nothing like Mommy to help you feel better:

DSCF5581

Have a blessed day!

10 comments:

Judith said...

Nice baby card. Hope Cassidy is feelig much much better today.

Patti said...

Adorable - both the card and mommy & daughter. I love the colors you chose for the card.

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh this is so so beautiful LeAnne, those papers and your die cuts and embossing--perfect! Nothing like a mommies love.

Linda said...

Oh getting all those immunities built up is a hard road for the little ones. Love the picture and the card!

Tracey McNeely said...

LeAnne his is such an adorable card, I love that patterned paper and those circle die cuts are so fantastic! The embossing detail is so perfect. There is nothing like a mother`s love when you are not feeling well.

Darnell said...

What an adorable card! I love that you tweeked the design to make it your own.

Hope the young miss feels back to her fab self soon!!

Jen Mitchell said...

I had the same reaction when I saw this sketch, LOL! But as usual, you totally rocked it! I really love that Chevron EF and can't wait to get it!

I hope that Cassidy is feeling better soon!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Oh poor Cassidy - she looks done in for sure.
This is really cute paper on this card and that little bird is so sweet.

Jen Timko said...

Oh, sweet baby...look at her with mom. What a hard day for all when they are sick!! Love this card and I think it is such an awesome use of the sketch. Hope little Cassidy is back to herself now. Glad to see you this week.

Jen Sannes said...

Adorable little chicks - just perfect for a baby card. And that little button is the perfect touch. Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!