Monday, July 2, 2012

CAS177 Summer Silhouettes

DSCF5204

Well, it’s Monday---we made it through another weekend, and what a scorcher it was!  It is still warm here in PA, but there is a beautiful breeze and I have lots of laundry hanging on the line!

I am taking a Merry Monday break for the month of July, although I probably will still keep up with my weekly Christmas card, just use another challenge or my own sketch!  But this morning I brought out a new set, as I am trying to make some samples to show at my upcoming clubs.  The SCS challenge 177 was to use navy, olive & white, which was perfect for Summer Silhouettes:

CAS177

I love silhouettes, but it wasn’t until I saw my friend Nance (and then several others) use this set that it really appealed to me!  This is REALLY clean and simple!  I stamped the grid down the side, made a mask for it, then stamped the leafy image on top, adding a couple of flowers.  I also played around with my new piercing tool, just adding a couple rows along the bottom, and adding a word from Fabulous Phrases.  I finished it off with some Midnight Muse ribbon, running off-center down the grid pattern.  This is a really easy card to reproduce and you could do it in LOTS of colors!  Thanks for visiting today!

Cassidy is back, full of vim & vigor…..the first thing she did was play with her Fisher Price farm; then she ran to her books:

DSCF5187

 DSCF5201 

DSCF5193

Have a great day!!

12 comments:

Terry said...

Such a simple and striking card. I love that you masked the scallop-like design. It's so pretty.

Terry
http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com

Carol L said...

I just love what you've done with this set! I bought it as soon as the catty came out and really haven't done much with it at all yet! This is just gorgeous!!

Linda said...

You much be so happy to have Cassidy back and you are back to your norm. Love love love your card. Great idea.

dpkennedy said...

This is very pretty LeAnne. I love the delicate border! Have a happy 4th!

Carol Maynard said...

Yep!! I need this set now! I've seen so many cute cards done with this set and yours is no exception! I love how the Paper piercing layers go across the card and the colors just POP off the card! I am putting this set on my next order!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Those colours are fantastic and I love your design. I think Cassidy grew well she was away.

Victoria said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog :) This card is perfectly proportioned... everything in balance. THe piercing is lovely and the colours and stamping have blown me away!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is a real beauty LeAnne - I love the colours too.

penniem said...

Love this card LeAnne, this has been my go to set for the last week, just never thought to layer all of those images and I LOVE it!!!

Ruth Ann V. said...

LeAnne, I like this card,
very clean and neat looking!

Susie said...

Fabulous design with the challenge colors! Very fresh and clean. Love the photo's of Cassidy. I love that age. Our daughter-in-law is a director for a private school in Old Town Alexandria and an early childhood educator. Oh the stories we hear *laughing* We can't wait to hold our precious grandson - soon.

Danielle Vincent said...

Wow - lovely! I am so intimidated by stamp sets that I have to make a design with - love what you have done with this - its gorgeous.