Thursday, October 27, 2022

Two CAS Cards

Happy Thursday, peeps!  Almost the weekend!  Sadly, I needed a couple of sympathy cards this week, I'll share one here;  it uses the sketch from FMS and the color palette from Color Dare:



So here we go:


The circular image is the Skeleton Leaf from Sweet n Sassy stamps; the leaves were cut from Soft Succulent, Pale Papaya and Roccoco Rose cardstocks with a Lawn Fawn Stitched Leaves die.  Sentiment is from Hero Arts:


I stamped a simple Bible verse on the inside, it's from Stamp Simply:



My second card today is a quick Christmas card; it uses the sketch from CAS Colours & Sketches:

I have a few rolls of washi tape that I thought would be fun to use; even the sentiment is washi tape:


I had been playing with a Spellbinder bird die, so I thought I'd make a little diecut cardinal to embellish it:


A simple sentiment from Unity Stamp was stamped on the inside:


I've already started moving my spent flower pots to behind our shed, pulling out dead flowers and such, so imagine my surprise when I went to empty our recycle and saw this little pansy popping out of a cleaned-out pot! I didn't even plant pansies this year!  I have no idea how it got there:

But it was a sweet little gift from heaven!  Thanks so much for visiting today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

"Yet, O Lord, you are our Father.  We are the clay, you are the potter, we are all the work of your hand." Isaiah 64:8


18 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I bet the squirrels or chipmunks were at work in your garden/flower pot! Pretty pansy. Now you need to make a pansy card...lol. I love both your cards but the washi tape is my favorite. What great tape! I'm sorry you have a need for so many sympathy cards. All is quiet on that scene for me the past couple of months. Have a blessed day.

I Card Everyone said...

Your darling little leaves are so sweet in those challenge colors, LeAnne! Mr. Cardinal was the perfect topper for your cute washi stripes - what a brilliant choice for those stripes by the way.
I'm quite sure your sweet little Chipmunk planted that pansy for you in thanks for all those nice treats you give him!
=]

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

LeAnne, I love this sympathy card. So clean and elegant!

Colleen Begley said...

Love both of these cards, but I'm picking the FMS circle card as my favorite. CAS perfection! Enjoy your dat.

Michelle said...

Your sympathy card is beautiful! Our colors work well with your design. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Lovely sympathy card, CAS and very pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, those leaves are sweet and I love them in those colors! Terrific use of your Washi tape too. Two delightful cards, LeAnne. A gift from heaven for sure!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a great way to use up washi tape (I so wish I'd thought of that as I have tons of the stuff!) The cardinal diecut accents your sentiment and finishes things off perfectly! Thanks for playing along over at CAS Colours & Sketches this week!

Debi said...

Simply beautiful. Perfect for a sympathy card. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Michal said...

I love that cardinal!! So cute, and it matches the washi tapes you used perfectly! Thank you for joining us this week at CC&S!

Susan Renshaw said...

Loved reading your post - super cards!

Linda Callahan said...

Two beautiful cards!

Vandra said...

Beautiful Sympathy card. The simple design really is perfect for that theme on the card. The background stamp of the leaf is stunning with the coloured flowers. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.

Jacquie Southas said...

The muted tone of the leaves is perfect for a sympathy card, LeAnne! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Shannon lee Smith said...

Love your card. It's always good to have sympathy cards on hand since it's so hard to create one while your feeling down. I love the leaf die cuts and the leafy vain detail in the circle. Great job!

Jen Timko said...

The colors and the leaves are lovely for a sympathy card. Pretty use of the sketch! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Cécile RIBON said...

Those two cards are so pretty! I love the soft colors on the first one and the gorgeous cardinal on the second. Thanks so much for joining in the party at both CC&S and FMS this week.

Aimee said...

Very pretty card. I love the indie sentiment, too.