Wednesday, October 5, 2022

HSS399 Trick or Treat

Hi there stampers!  I had a lot of fun creating this Halloween card once I got past the unique color palette from Hand Stamped Sentiments!  Check it out:


I used lots of old goodies on this card, but of course, Starry Sky is new!  So here we go:


My main images are from a retired SU set called Howl-o-ween Treat, and they were cut with their matching Boo to You dies!  I diecut a piece of Pool Party DSP with the Basic Borders dies and stamped some spooky spiderwebs and stars on a Starry Sky card base before adhering it.


The sentiment, from the same set, was placed in the Stamparatus, stamped with Starry Sky ink, then without moving the stamp, I cleaned it very well and inked it up again with Versamark ink.  Then I embossed it with clear embossing powder:


I added some Starry Sky glimmer paper stars, and on the inside, repeated the colors:


Lots of fun!  I am glad HSS pushed me out of my comfort zone with these colors!  I am going to enter this at Global Design Project as well, as their challenge this week is "Spooky"! 



Thanks for popping in today...enjoy it and be blessed! 

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Howl-o-ween Treat (ret), Spooky Street (Newton's Nook...stars and moon), Mixed Holiday Sentiments (My Creative Time), Hello Pumpkin (Close to My Heart, spiderweb)
Card stock & Papers     Starry Sky, Starry Sky Glimmer, Basic White, Pool Party DSP, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer (ret)
 Ink Starry Sky, Pumpkin Pie, Pool Party, Craft White, Versamark
Accessories Dimensionals, Clear Embossing Powder
Tools     Big Shot, Basic Borders Dies, Give it A Whirl Dies (stars), Boo to You Dies (ret), Heat Tool

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Super adorable and I love the colors!! Great job, LeAnne!

Vicky Hayes said...

That fun colour combination could be used for any occasion couldn't it! Love the details on your card - the sparkly hat band and stars, that wonderful stamped background and that gorgeous polka dot cloud. Vicky x

Vicky Hayes said...

What a beauty this is LeAnne! Love the monochrome look and the textured background. Vicky x

I Card Everyone said...

Spooktacular, LeAnne! I love the white stamping on that starry sky!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I'm diggin' that border die you used! CUTE card, LeAnne!

Carol L said...

What a cute Halloween card with those creative and unique colors! I love the tiny stars and big witchy hat too! FUN!

Heather said...

Love this so much, LeAnne! What a fabulous way to use that die - spooky cauldrons are the best! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Stampin Expressions said...

Such a cute card LeAnne! I love the way you used the cloud die! So clever, I will have to remember that and CASE it! You did a great job of balancing the colors from the challenge. Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge this week!

Jolanda Johnstone said...

LeAnne, what a fun card. The colors were well used. I especially like your Clear Color Embossing Technique tip using the Stamparatus. Thank you for joining us at HSS this rouns. Cheers, Jolanda - DT