Friday, October 21, 2022

CTD715 Fall Forever Fern

Happy Friday, peeps!  Yay, it's the weekend!  I needed a thank you card, and when I saw the Color Throwdown palette, I thought I would start there!  The colors could be for Halloween but I chose instead to create a fall-ish card using Forever Fern.  Here's the palette:


And here's my card:


I stamped the images in Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive, diecutting some to put in the foreground.  I added some speckles and a sentiment from Friends are Like Seashells, and a bow from Cottage Wreaths:


I added two borders from some Old Olive DSP, one a stripe and one a polka dot which qualifies it (barely) for the Little Red Wagon challenge of dots/stripes!  And it's already out in the mail!  Thanks for popping in today!

Cassidy came over for a couple of hours last weekend and I helped her make a cake for math class!  They are learning fractions, so she had to choose a recipe that had at least four ingredients that were fractions!  She chose Kim's Buttermilk Spice Cake and thankfully I had all the ingredients!  She's pretty good on the fractions, and even knew how to substitute when one of the measuring cups had already been used!  She did a great job but took the cake home before it was iced...Grampy was  upset because he wanted a piece, so maybe I'll make one today for him!



Thanks for stopping in today..enjoy it and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Forever Fern, Friends are Like Seashells, Cottage Wreaths
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Old Olive DSP
 Ink Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Pale Papaya
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Basic Borders Dies, Forever Flourishing Dies, Tasteful Label Dies (ret)

7 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Beautiful card and baker! The recipe sounds like one my mother used to make.

designbydonna said...

Very pretty card. I have that stamp set so I probably will CASE your card. What fun memories for your granddaughter to learn to bake with you.

I Card Everyone said...

Cassidy should give your gorgeous card to her Math teacher, LeAnne! Using baking to teach fractions is a great lesson learned!
I'd like a slice, too! No frosting necessary!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

So pretty and I love the way you layered everything! Too funny that grampy didn't get a piece of cake. I'll bet Dana and Wayne enjoyed it though!

JanR said...

If my math classes had come with cake I definitely would have enjoyed them more! Lovely card! Wonderful stamping and the colours are fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Broni said...

Such a beautiful card, LeAnne!! And when did that baby girl get so big???! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the Color Throwdown.

Marlene said...

So colorful and classy looking